• Register
  • Help

Topic: A question about Orchestral Templates

Share/Bookmark

A question about Orchestral Templates

Hi all, I have been searching through old posts, reading up on different methods that people employ for their own templates.

I did have one question though;

Do you only bother with the common instruments? For example, if you decided on using a piccolo flute or bass trombone for piece, do you just add it in as a afterthought if the piece specifically requires it?

I\'ve been scratching my head trying to come up with an efficient template. I am trying to rely on or make, keyswitch patches wherever possible.

Re: A question about Orchestral Templates

My template is always like a orquestral score. The original template already have all intruments (choir and solists sometime) only with the main articulation (long note) , as I need more articulation , I add a new track with the new ones.

Thanks for your reply. Would a normal orchestral score include instruments like alto flutes, bass trombones and bass clarinets though? Or are these called in when a piece requires it?

Im thinking that if I include these sorts of instruments in my template every day, I am taking time and space up in my template when I might not use them very often.

My virtual orquestra is like Mahler´s orquestra. Big orquetra and all the intruments that a Mahlerian orquestra has. So , this mean that alto flutes, bass trombones and bass clarinets are always there. I usually layer the double bass with bass trombones and/or bass clarinets. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Can any of you \"pro\'s\" post a listing of your orchestral templates as an example. Of course, if this takes more than 10 minutes, forget it - I know you are busy. I just think it would be a good lesson on how you manage your pallette.

Rob

Go Back to forum