• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Giga Editor Question

Share/Bookmark

OT: Giga Editor Question

Lately I have been getting my hands dirty with the Giga editor, creating my own keyswitched patches from combining existing patches of sample libs.

I succesfully created a Sam Horns keyswitch patch but am having trouble with creating a GOS Keyswitch that alternates between Marcato and Sautille playing.

When I run the instrument wizard and go to specify the regions, I keep getting; \"Warning: the range you have defined overlaps at least one existing region... etc, etc\"

I have tried setting the range to what the existing samples are, in this case G3 to F#6 and have tried checking the option; \"ignore unity notes\" and unchecking it.

Basically, I cant get this message to go away. To top it off, I get an error at the end saying that the samples were stereo not mono and that I have lost a heap of them or something, but there was never an option to choose stereo in the wizard.

Can anyone help? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Scott.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: OT: Giga Editor Question

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    Lately I have been getting my hands dirty with the Giga editor, creating my own keyswitched patches from combining existing patches of sample libs.

I succesfully created a Sam Horns keyswitch patch but am having trouble with creating a GOS Keyswitch that alternates between Marcato and Sautille playing.

When I run the instrument wizard and go to specify the regions, I keep getting; \"Warning: the range you have defined overlaps at least one existing region... etc, etc\"

I have tried setting the range to what the existing samples are, in this case G3 to F#6 and have tried checking the option; \"ignore unity notes\" and unchecking it.

Basically, I cant get this message to go away. To top it off, I get an error at the end saying that the samples were stereo not mono and that I have lost a heap of them or something, but there was never an option to choose stereo in the wizard.

Can anyone help? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Scott.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You don\'t want separate regions for keyswitches, they are dimensions within the same regions. If you try to overlap them, it doesn\'t compute--it\'s like saying you want two middle Cs on your keyboard.

Re: OT: Giga Editor Question

Hi Bruce, well if I understand you correctly I dont think I\'ve done that.

My keyswitch keys are E1-F1 and the Violin dimensions start on G3.

Go Back to forum