• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - anyone know of a good Controller Matrix

Share/Bookmark

OT - anyone know of a good Controller Matrix

My studio is pretty much virtual, with everything going direct in. My drag with the set up is that I can only listen at the TRUE level when mixing, which will make your teeth shoot out the back of your head when mastering!
    I\'ve been looking at the new Samson C-Control ($100), which strikes me as a little too consumer oriented, but will get the job done. I\'ve also been looking at the Coleman M3PH ($800), which seems like over kill. I just need a few inputs for the logic rig, pro tools rig, etc., and a couple of outs for monitor A/B-ing. Anybody find something like this that works for them (I\'m also trying to aviod the mackie 1202 route, etc).

Thanks, guys.

Re: OT - anyone know of a good Controller Matrix

why are you avoiding the 1202 ????? great mixer for small project studios .... the preamps are decent (VLZ) .... it has nice easy routing options. and they are built like a tank. i still have one around.

one drawback ... knobs, not faders.

passacaglia

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Furst:

Anybody find something like this that works for them (I\'m also trying to aviod the mackie 1202 route, etc).

Thanks, guys.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I wonder about this, too. If you don\'t have any mixer at all, the 1202 is a really great little tool to have. I don\'t know if it\'s made any more, but I have a little $300 or so mixer in my live rack that I really like--an Alesis Studio 12R. A great little unit, and mine has been all over the world and has never given me any problems at all.

I\'m also fond of their Lanterns [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'ll check out the Rane stuff. Good call.

Thanks for your replies. As always, I really apprieciate it.

I\'m avoiding the 1202-esk thing for aesthetics as much as anything else. It has the exposed inputs, it\'s really a desktop unit, etc. My writing area is starting to get a little cluttered which can sometimes fog my concentration. A little studio feng shui, i guess. Also, even though the price is right, a 1202-ish thing is also overkill (all the little eq knobs, etc). What I like about the coleman is the one big honkin\' volume knob. But again, my room is not exactly Westlake Audio, so the M3PH seems like overkill.

You guys are probably right. Maybe I just need to open up to a single space line mixer or something.

thanks,

Nathan

Go Back to forum