Topic: Celesta

Share/Bookmark

Celesta

Hello

Has anyone used the example celesta?
    Is it good?
    How many samples were recorded?
    Any other celesta recommendations?
    I read an unfavourable review of the post celesta. Was the reviewer right? or is it worth trying?
    Also, sqeezebox and accordion samples. Any ideas?

Thanks
    JP

Re: Celesta

You may want to check out the \"Classic Accordions\" collection from Bardstown Audio.
    www.bardstownaudio.com

This Two CD disks set contains nine different sampled accordions. There are quiet a few demos of these sampled accordions on the mp3 page of our web site.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Originally posted by JP2:
    Hello

Has anyone used the example celesta?
    Is it good?
    How many samples were recorded?
    Any other celesta recommendations?
    I read an unfavourable review of the post celesta. Was the reviewer right? or is it worth trying?
    Also, sqeezebox and accordion samples. Any ideas?

Thanks
    JP
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Assuming you meant \"Xsample\" celesta.. I just got it today in the mail. It\'s excellent! The whole CD is good.. it also has klavicymbel (German spelling), concert harp (very impressive, by the way.. beautiful sound.. gotta love the stopped samples too), and psalter (for that medieval sound).

I just got the XSample 8 disk with celesta on it. Overall, I\'d rate the disk 6.5 out of 10. The concert harp, psalter, etc., were all very good, but the celesta to me is thin at the top and more \"tine-y\" than it should.

A couple of notes I found about buying XSample from EastWest. If you order online, you get the $15 discount. If you call and order, you lose your discount unless you call back and complain (which I did). Note: this buying policy is not stated on the web site that I am aware of.

Also, Soundsonline has a monthly sale with many of the titles available at 35% off the list price. Unfortunately, when I called, the salesperson didn\'t let me know that the sale started literally in a couple of days. Of course, they didn\'t have to do that, but it would have been great of having the choice of buying now (crisis!) or waiting (non-crisis!). It would have given me the option, and made me feel that as a customer, they were \"taking care of me\" so to speak. In fairness, this item might not have been one of the sale items. But when I saw the sale e-mail show up two business days later, I felt disappointed because I could have waited the two days.

So, call ahead, see when the sale is and if that item\'s on the sale, order it at sale time.

Note, there is one other celeta out there from ILIO on the Synclavier World and Orchestral Percussion CD (which still has a lot of great stuff on it viable today). That one\'s a bit more bell-like but blending that and the XSample may be the best of both worlds.

Originally posted by peter269:

A couple of notes I found about buying XSample from EastWest. If you order online, you get the $15 discount. If you call and order, you lose your discount unless you call back and complain (which I did). Note: this buying policy is not stated on the web site that I am aware of.

Peter, the purpose of the online discount is to encourage customers to order online, which obviously reduces our costs. If we offered the same discount over the phone, that incentive would be gone. Most customers appreciate the saving and only call us if they need additional information (the call is free in the USA btw). Even then, they can still get the discount by placing the actual order online.

Also, Soundsonline has a monthly sale with many of the titles available at 35% off the list price. Unfortunately, when I called, the salesperson didn\'t let me know that the sale started literally in a couple of days.

The sales are at random times, not monthly, and the average discount is less than 35%. Like most businesses, we don\'t announce sales in advance, but we take care of anyone that ordered within a week of a sale. We value our customers, and we do our best to look after them.

Here\'s a hint - our annual \"Happy Holidays\" sale is starting next week, and will last until December 24!

All the best,

Doug Rogers
    EASTWEST

Heads up for people who are ordering at sounds online and not in crisis situaltions.

their sales promotions usually have specific events/holidays associated with them. If you\'re waiting for sales, just look up the bigger US Holidays on a calender. Then around those weeks there will usually be a sale.

Its like Guitar Center at times. Christmas, Presidents Day, Memorial Day....etc

With aditional sales near Big Audio Events like NAMM...not to mention their Anniversary sales (if they do one)

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    their sales promotions usually have specific events/holidays associated with them. If you\'re waiting for sales, just look up the bigger US Holidays on a calender. Then around those weeks there will usually be a sale.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Really...you are NOT an idiot!

The Post celesta is pretty decent. I do not care for the x-sample version. I agree that their harp is excellent.

Originally posted by dougrogers:
    Originally posted by peter269:

Peter, the purpose of the online discount is to encourage customers to order online, which obviously reduces our costs. If we offered the same discount over the phone, that incentive would be gone. Most customers appreciate the saving and only call us if they need additional information (the call is free in the USA btw). Even then, they can still get the discount by placing the actual order online.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">My point is that you don\'t tell people that. At both www.truespec.com and www.alexuniv.com we do online ordering. We try to have most of the purchasing info needed on the web site. However, there are times that customers call us with questions we didn\'t think about. The call may not be free, but that customer is giving us important sales information we didn\'t have so I know how to upgrade the web sites. To charge extra because I made a sales copy omission isn\'t really fair to the customer.

As a second comparison, I just called Sweetwater the other day on their 800 line (free call), ordered a WX5 wind controller and still got an extra 10% off even though I phoned with a question.

We\'re all here to make a profit, Doug, but in this policy, I do feel you\'re a bit behind the power curve.

Thanks for your insight.

Go Back to forum