• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pizzicato/Arco Switching Problem

Share/Bookmark

Pizzicato/Arco Switching Problem

I am sorry if I am opening an already existing topic.
    I have a problem with GPO4 and Finale 2012. When I load KS string ensemble, in a composition which starts with pizzicato and then switches to arco, Finale plays arco the entire time. It cannot alter between those two sample libraries. I have seen on Internet that users have this issue, but I could not find a solution.
    Thank you very much for your help!

Re: Pizzicato/Arco Switching Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tuta Kuzmanovic View Post
    I am sorry if I am opening an already existing topic.
    I have a problem with GPO4 and Finale 2012. When I load KS string ensemble, in a composition which starts with pizzicato and then switches to arco, Finale plays arco the entire time. It cannot alter between those two sample libraries. I have seen on Internet that users have this issue, but I could not find a solution.
    Thank you very much for your help!
    Hello, Tuta - I'm not a Finale user, so can't be completely specific in my reply - But I'm hoping with this information, you can set up Finale's programming so that your articulations are triggered correctly.

All of the keyswitches in the Notation versions of the strings are in the octave below the playable range. They go from C2 to B2.

C2 is the default, the basic arco patch that handles both sustained and short notes.

F2 is the keyswitch for Pizzicato.

For the complete list of string keyswitches, look at p. 36 of the GPO PDF manual.

However this is done in Finale, you need to set the programming so those keyswitches are engaged when you have the commands in your score for Pizz and Arco. If all else fails, you could insert those low notes directly in your score and hide them from view.

For getting possible feedback from Finale users, I invite you to post in General Discussion where most Forum members visit. Use the Forum Jump menu on the lower right.

Randy

Re: Pizzicato/Arco Switching Problem

Thank you for your help!

I have started a new score, and the switching mechanism works fine. It appears that the problem is with a composition that I started writing in Finale 2011, and switched to Finale 2012. Obviously something is not compatible between those two program versions.

Go Back to forum