• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sacred Scenes for scoring.gig

Share/Bookmark

Sacred Scenes for scoring.gig

I was looking on my computer and trying to make sure all my gig files were in the correct folder and did a search for .gig and the above titled gig file came up in my search and acording to the date of the file it\'s from Oct of 2001, I had no idea it was there. Does anyone know if this is a sample demo that comes with a library out there? Possibly it\'s from someone on this website? I just wonder how i came accross it. It is a great piece of music and I am finding it to be most inspiring for the new piece Im working on.

Re: Sacred Scenes for scoring.gig

It\'s from \"scoring tools\" - an East West sample library. It features recorded compositions (that have been broken down into seperate sections of the orchestra) - useful for producers who are in a hurry, but quite useless to composers :-)

Thomas

I have that gig file on my computer. In my case it came as an included file with my first version of gigasampler, which was bundled with Cakewalk Pro Suite.

Carl

Aha that would be it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] purchased a buncha East west stuff and probably came with gigastudio then [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    It\'s from \"scoring tools\" - an East West sample library. It features recorded compositions (that have been broken down into seperate sections of the orchestra) - useful for producers who are in a hurry, but quite useless to composers :-)

Thomas
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Now, now...

Throw those phrases into a Reaktor instrument like Travellizer, and you\'ve got a whole new world of possibility...very useful as a composition tool in that case.

That content was bundled into the first release of GigaSampler. It\'s not included in Scoring Tools to my knowledge, though. It\'s totally different stuff.

Originally posted by Thomas_J:

Thomas
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Depends what you use it for really. :-)

Sacred Scenes is not from scoring tools, I dont even think its anything to do with samples.

Ed

Well well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I was pretty sure it was from Scoring Tools. Scoring tools doesn\'t really feature any samples. It\'s more like a music library. I bet you can make some cool stuff with it, by doing some clever editing and processing. I found it limiting, though.

If the sacred scenes file is not from Scoring Tools, then where is it from? Symphonic Adventures?

Thomas

License and Copyright

Copyright ę 1998 NemeSys Music Technology, Inc.
    The Sacred Scenes Sound Samples are licensed, not sold exclusively to registered users of GigaSampler for use in music, film, television or multi-media production only. NemeSys Music Technology, Inc. reserves all other rights not expressly granted to you. You own the Compact Disc on which the NemeSys Sound samples are recorded or fixed, while NemeSys Music Technology, Inc retains all rights to the Sound Samples. Unlawfully copying, lending, trading, duplicating, reselling, hiring, uploading or downloading to a database, server, network or otherwise distributing this product is hereby expressly forbidden. Any infringement of copyright will be pursued to the fullest extent of the law. If you do not accept the terms of this license agreement return the unopened disc to the place of purchase. All Rights Reserved NemeSys Music Technology, Inc.

Above from the help file with the gig. Looks like Nemesys directly held the copyright. In
    the body of the help file, it describes the file as follows:

Sacred Scenes

Superb live performances from sacred compositions of Franz Joseph Hayden, George Frideric Handel, Johann Sebastian Bach, and Anton Bruckner. Intended for use in film and television soundtracks, these selections are arranged for interactive access during spotting sessions and scene changes. Scenes are placed on all white keys from E2 to B5.

Carl

\"Sacred Scenes for Scoring\" Oh yeah.... I have that Giga file also. I remember when I bought my very first GigaSampler LE years ago... it was included as one of the Giga files. Although, I\'m not sure from what library it originated. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum