• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Garritan SoundCloud Group

Share/Bookmark

Garritan SoundCloud Group

http://www.garritan.com/blog/garritansoundcloud/

I saw this link for the "Garritan Sound Cloud Group" on the new Garritan blog. What do Forum members know about this and how do you think it will affect our Listening Room?

Norman

Re: Garritan SoundCloud Group

Quote Originally Posted by jandjnelson View Post

I saw this link for the "Garritan Sound Cloud Group" on the new Garritan blog. What do Forum members know about this and how do you think it will affect our Listening Room?

Norman
    Well now! That's news to me, Norman. We were told about Gary's new blog recently, but this "Sound Cloud Group" started by "Baseball Beth" I'd never heard of until you posted the link.

Just as with Gary's blog, comments have to await moderator approval before going up, but here's what I just now posted at Beth's page - hopefully the message will be appearing soon:

"Hello there, "Baseball Beth" - I'm a moderator at the Garritan Forums which have been going for many years now, as I'm sure you know.

This morning a member posted the link to this new "Garritan SoundCloud" page and asked what we thought the impact would be on our established Forums which are chock full of Garritan produced music, tutorials, tips, all glued together by the camaraderie we have as die-hard Garritan fans.

At this point, it's unclear how things will develop. On his blog, Gary has a link posted to his Forums at NorthernSounds, the Forums I'm talking about, so he's tying us into the loop. And I do know that MakeMusic has wanted to port over and re-establish the Forums under their umbrella - but anything of that sort of course takes time.

I'm not sure how your new "Garritan SoundCloud" fits in to the scheme of things, but it's always good to see new things online that help promote Garritan. I think it would be good to embrace and include the long history and huge archive of materials that the established Garritan community has at NorthernSounds. A first time visitor to this page could have the impression that nothing of this sort has ever existed before.

Hope to see you at the Forum, and I look forward to all things Garritan being cohesively grouped together at some point.

Randy B."

Hello Randy,

I also just took a look there. Baseball Beth has replied to your post.

The 'Sound Cloud' group page mentions that these are all users of Garritan libraries. Are they saying that all these songs are made just with Garritan libraries?

I hasten to add that I'm making no judgement nor starting any debate on this .. I'm just incredibly curious.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Hello Randy,

I also just took a look there. Baseball Beth has replied to your post.

The 'Sound Cloud' group page mentions that these are all users of Garritan libraries. Are they saying that all these songs are made just with Garritan libraries?...
    Yes, Beth allowed my first post almost immediately. I replied to her reply, but that 2nd post of mine is still awaiting moderation - not sure if it will appear. I thanked her for the clarification that this SoundCloud Group isn't officially sanctioned by MM - even though it's right there on the MM site.

In my 2nd post, I clarified for her that I wasn't referring to a Forum of mine when I mentioned the Forum, but rather, that it's Gary Garritan's, the one he started 8 years ago. I suggested that it would be good indeed to point out Gary's Forum to her readers.

What songs are you referring to, Michael? I can only find the usual Garritan demos.

EDIT: Actually, I meant that I can see just the one piece, "The Escape" from "Davecarr Music." Have you found other pieces up there?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post

What songs are you referring to, Michael? I can only find the usual Garritan demos.

Randy
    Hello Randy,

Perhaps I've misunderstood but there are 20 songs on the Garritan SoundCloud page at the following link:

https://soundcloud.com/groups/garritan

It says on the page using Garritan libraries.
    Michael

Hello Randy,

Perhaps I've misunderstood but there are 20 songs on the Garritan SoundCloud page at the following link:

https://soundcloud.com/groups/garritan

It says on the page using Garritan libraries.
    Oh! Thanks for the link, Michael - I see, all those --s-h-u-d-d-e-r-- SoundCloud files. Not a very good music delivery system, but better than --DOUBLE s-h-u-d-d-e-r- SoundClick.

But how did you get there to that page? I don't see anyway to get there from the first link posted.

A more important topic though - Where did these people come from? How has this been up and running without us knowing about it? How is this group at the MakeMusic site, and yet the organizer, Beth, says they have no official affiliation?

It's still looking to me like a group that got started without even Knowing about Gary's Forum here!

---Hmmmm, anybody going to submit a piece for a possible listing there? Worried about passing the audition-?

Is it just me - or is anybody else here feeling a bit invisible?

Randy

But how did you get there to that page? I don't see anyway to get there from the first link posted.

Randy
    Hello again Randy,

I followed the link in Norman's post which takes us to Baseball Beth's blog.

I then followed the link (GarritanSoundcloudgroup) second line down in that blog.

I see our own Colton J Provias is a Mod there with Gary.
    Michael

Is it just me - or is anybody else here feeling a bit invisible?

Randy
    Randy I've sent you a PM.
    Michael

...I then followed the link (GarritanSoundcloudgroup) second line down in that blog...
    Ah! There it is - Thank you, Michael. I was expecting the link to such an important part of this blog/website/soundcloud whatever it is to be prominently displayed at the top in a navigation menu, not buried in a post.

Well. I don't hesitate to say publicly that I'm finding all of this very strange. This thing suddenly blossoms into our consciousness, pretty much by accident - And it looks like what we're seeing is the new Garritan Forum, complete with new, charter members, busily posting music and posts.

I find it very unfortunate that we were never informed about this development, or invited to take part.

I guess it's the start of a new era, and it appears to be one in which the previous era, namely, this Forum that Gary himself started, isn't even on the radar of the newcomers at that blog/site/whatever.

And I'm not feeling especially motivated to get involved. Music is chosen by the single moderator? Posts have to pass her scrutiny before going up?--- No thanks, doesn't look very attractive to me.

Randy

Hello Randy,

I've sent a PM reply.

It is all rather strange and .. I really can empathise.

I earnestly hope that there will be some public recognition for yourself, in particular, for everything you have done to keep these forums going and all the other contributors here.

I also hope that some recognition is given to Gary's forums here and to the extensive wealth of information, tutorials, fixes here that already answer the questions being asked in the blog.

I understand about lack of motivation to be involved and I hope that something happens to re-awaken this.

Peace and love to all involved.
    Michael

Go Back to forum