• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EGOSYS for giga~

Share/Bookmark

Re: EGOSYS for giga~

Using one here

Its great [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m also using one and have never had any problems with it.

EGOSYS for giga~

I\'m planning to change my midi/audio interface for Gigastudio.

I\'m considering the EGOSYS Wamirack 24. Have you guys used it? Please give me opinions, or suggest one that you think is the best.

Thank you very much.

Thanks for replying. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I phoned to the distributor last night. A salesman said that the wamirack 24 has unfortunately discontinued. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

He pursuaded me to buy a new wamirack 192X. However, when I see the spec of this stuff, its MIDI port is only 1 in/out. I remember the WMR 24 has total 4 ports.But 192X has 4 in/8 out audio ports so it\'s really attractive.

(I have seen the ESI HP. There, they show how to set up 192X in PC like this:

I\'m very confused that the all 4 MIDI ports are mapped, but its spec said the rack is only 1 MIDI in/out. I don\'t very understand about this - How can 1-MIDI-in/out-port of 192X get 4 MIDI ports/64 channels in Gigastudio? Because I always think that 1 port of the card only give correspondingly 1 port in Giga. (You guys please tell me when I get wrong concept)

I think when I clearify the above problem, I would like to buy this stuff.
    Please help~! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

ummm.....that\'s just the midi in maped..

Alex

ETyeno,

I have the WamiRack 24. The screen shot you have there probably reflects that the user is only getting MIDI INTO giga via one MIDI port. (Maybe he has only one controller?)Hence only the one MIDI in mapped to all 4 outs. I\'d say you\'re good to go.
    Regards,

Jim

ETyeno,

I take that last statement back. Go here http://www.egosys.net/1-pro/eng/ and you\'ll see a photo which shows only one physical MIDI in/out port

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Jim Clark:
    ETyeno,

I take that last statement back. Go here http://www.egosys.net/1-pro/eng/ and you\'ll see a photo which shows only one physical MIDI in/out port
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You can always use MIDIoverLAN+. I am having very good luck with it, since the XP issues with seeing ports have been resolved.

The screen shot you have there probably reflects that the user is only getting MIDI INTO giga via one MIDI port. (Maybe he has only one controller?)Hence only the one MIDI in mapped to all 4 outs. I\'d say you\'re good to go.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for reply. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Does it mean I cannot load more than 16 different instruments in Giga using this stuff? Because I always use over 16 instruments in Giga.

You can always use MIDIoverLAN+. I am having very good luck with it, since the XP issues with seeing ports have been resolved.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Bruce, Could you explain a bit more about this stuff?

Go Back to forum