• Register
  • Help

Topic: Candyland

Share/Bookmark

Candyland

This is a short piece I wrote last 2 weeks ago. I wanted to write something short and playful that was easy to listen to. I picture it as something you would hear in a soundtrack or a video game. I used GPO4 and Kontak 5.

Re: Candyland

Hi, Chandler - Thanks for visiting the Forum again. I was pretty sure I was remembering correctly about your first music post earlier this year, and now I've used search to confirm that - "First piece written with GPO" is from February of this year. You explained that you were branching out to increase your skills, so I'm glad to see you back with more for us to hear.

"Candyland" is just as you described it, "playful" and "easy to listen to." It establishes a feel-good mood instantly, and carries that on through its brief, pleasant life. Going through the clouds in the video was a really nice compliment to the music.

Towards the end, a square box popped up in the right hand upper corner of the video screen - picture of a guitar, and the text said "Chandler guitar"-- Isn't that odd? I guess it was so automatic ad associated with your name-? I've never seen something like that before at YouTube.

Thanks, Chandler - I enjoyed your music this morning!

Randy

Re: Candyland

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Chandler - Thanks for visiting the Forum again. I was pretty sure I was remembering correctly about your first music post earlier this year, and now I've used search to confirm that - "First piece written with GPO" is from February of this year. You explained that you were branching out to increase your skills, so I'm glad to see you back with more for us to hear.

"Candyland" is just as you described it, "playful" and "easy to listen to." It establishes a feel-good mood instantly, and carries that on through its brief, pleasant life. Going through the clouds in the video was a really nice compliment to the music.

Towards the end, a square box popped up in the right hand upper corner of the video screen - picture of a guitar, and the text said "Chandler guitar"-- Isn't that odd? I guess it was so automatic ad associated with your name-? I've never seen something like that before at YouTube.

Thanks, Chandler - I enjoyed your music this morning!

Randy
    Thanks for listening and your nice comments. The box is a new feature on YouTube. It allows you to add a small link to your other videos using a transparent picture that is shown during your video. Sorry it was distracting. Maybe I should remove it.

I write many different types of music, so unfortunately I don't have time to devote myself to many orchestral pieces, but I try not to neglect that side of my writing. I feel so lucky to be alive in a time where I can turn up my amp and record heavy metal one month, compose some classical the next and then the month after that use a synth to create effects that are out of this world. With all of these different musical colors to choose from its hard to choose just one. Luckily I don't have to and I can even combine them. I'll try to come by here more often because this is a great community full of talented composers.

Go Back to forum