• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: HALion Strings better than Garritan Lite?

Share/Bookmark

HALion Strings better than Garritan Lite?

Hello,
    I heard demos of \"the HALion String Edition - Vol.1\" and I found they are pretty good though there are no classic demos yet available.
    http://www.steinberg.net/en/ps/products/upcoming/halion_strings/index.php?sid=0
    I first thought to buy the GOS Lite but sice I heard that library I am no longer sure. They offer 4 Gig of samples and I saw in a internet shop for $299.
    What would you say?

Re: HALion Strings better than Garritan Lite?

They are also avalible in Giga format. I had purchased the violins only. I will make a demo soon.

Originally posted by esperlad:
    They are also avalible in Giga format. I had purchased the violins only. I will make a demo soon.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Esperlad, why do you keep saying you have these strings already in Giga format? They\'re even not out yet! Never mind for Giga format...it just says VST and Direct X and its in the \'upcoming\' section on Steinberg\'s site.

What are you talking about exactly? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Hasen, you can buy them online and download them...

Where? And if you can why is it in the \'upcoming\' section? I guess \'cos Steinberg don\'t know its out yet...And why is there no mention of a Giga version? It says its a specially developed HALion library with a VSTi (or Direct X) string player.

Am I looking at the same place everyone else is? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I\'m sure its listed in online shops so you can pre-order it but then so is Trilogy. You\'re not about to tell me that\'s out as well are you? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The last news entry about it at Steinberg says its coming soon. The Steinberg forums have no mention of it being released either.

is it possible to say something about the sound quality of the Halion Strings (HS)? They have a lot of articulations, controls and even up and down bowing and many other features, see at http://www.wizoo.com/
    Are these HS not as good as GOS Lite and if not, why?

I was told by a representitive that the giga versions are avalible through download (which they are).
    http://www.wizoosounds.com/
    Here is the correct website. After selecting your region (Europe or Non-Europe), the main page comes up. The basic arco articulations are avalible now. Other stuff will come later. I don\'t know when pizz., marcato, ect. will be issued.

Don\'t be too hasty, Simon. The demos that have been posted don\'t really reveal the strings much as they are pop pieces and such. There are supposed to be some classical demos posted soon so then we\'ll see. The legato demo was very impressive I thought though.

I can\'t say I\'m interested at all but it could be a good library and good value for money.

Simon, it goes without saying that 5 Gbytes of junk still remains a 5Gbyte waste of money, regardless of the price, but when I read the specs of this library I got the feeling that the demos perhaps do not reveal much of the potential of the library, especially in the classical field.
    So, I am eagerly awaiting some other demos.

Originally posted by Hasen:
    [QB]Don\'t be too hasty, Simon. The demos that have been posted don\'t really reveal the strings much as they are pop pieces and such. There are supposed to be some classical demos posted soon so then we\'ll see. The legato demo was very impressive I thought though.

[QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">There are demos of each section too, and I dont think they sounded too good.

Go Back to forum