• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Adler's Study of Orch 3rd Ed CDs problem.. anyone?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Adler\'s Study of Orch 3rd Ed CDs problem.. anyone?

I\'m wondering if anyone else has bought the companion 6CD set to Adler\'s Study of Orchestration 3rd Edition text and found that the program software promised to be on disc 6 is absent? There are supposed to be additional exercises and a nice GUI to the whole thing, and none of that is there. I\'ve emailed W.W. Norton and have had no response as yet.

Anyone else get this problem on disc 6? Anyone got a working set?

Re: OT: Adler\'s Study of Orch 3rd Ed CDs problem.. anyone?

Hello Ed
    I had the same problem.
    The store I purchased it at said Norton had recognized the error and was sending them a
    replacement copy. In the mean time the software is available on the Norton website.
    I couldn\'t find the work sheets etc there though. The program really helps the book along. It\'s cool.

JP

Hey JP, thanks for the reply. Could you point me to where on the Norton site the software is? I see nothing about in the FAQs or on the enhanced CDs page.

Thanks in advance.

I bought these the day they came out in the USA, via Amazon, because I knew it would be a while before I could get them here in England. When I discovered the software was missing I thought I was up the creek, so to speak, having bought them by mail order.

But I e-mailed the publishers directly, who pointed me at the link for the software. I was quite happy with that solution, but then they also sent me a replacement 6th disc about a week later, straight from the USA. I wish you Americans could come and teach the English about customer service.

Pingu

Originally posted by Pingu:

But I e-mailed the publishers directly, who pointed me at the link for the software. I was quite happy with that solution, but then they also sent me a replacement 6th disc about a week later, straight from the USA. I wish you Americans could come and teach the English about customer service.
    Pingu
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I also purchased my set from Amazon. Pingu, do you still have that e-mail address?

Thanks

I dropped a hint to my wife for the book and CD series. Do you think it would make a good gift?

clueless

I just checked Amazon and now I\'m not sure which to get. Do you purchase the CD set and the book separately? There seems to be a CD set ($93.75), a book ($65.35), and a workbook ($29.85). It\'s for my wife of course.

clueless

Sorry csduke,

I use this forum in school, so I didn\'t see your post till today. Visit www.wwnorton.com, and click on the technical support link, then use the \'support form\' link at the bottom of the page. Sorry I\'ve lost the direct link to the software, or I\'d have given you that as well, but Norton should see you right.

Pingu

Originally posted by Pingu:
    Sorry csduke,

I use this forum in school, so I didn\'t see your post till today. Pingu
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the Link. Ed was kind enough to send me similar info and I have put my request in.

Go Back to forum