• Register
  • Help

Topic: Relation of ADSR Release to the Release Dimension?

Share/Bookmark

Relation of ADSR Release to the Release Dimension?

This is such a basic question that I hesitate to display the depths of my ignorance by asking it. However:

In Giga, are release samples tagged to the end of the Release portion of the ADSR amp envelope, or do they replace that portion of the envelope? In other words, when I release a key, does Giga ignore the Release setting on the envelope and immediately trigger the Release dimension sample?

This would seem logical, but at the same time unlikely, since I notice that many sample sets include a Release in ASDR and have a Release dimension. Does Giga instead trigger the Release samples after the ADSR release, so if I extend the Release portion of the envelope I delay the triggering of the Release dimension samples?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Relation of ADSR Release to the Release Dimension?

Release samples are triggered by the note off command, as is the release portion of the sustained sample. Thus you can use the release time and attack envelope of the release sample itself to custom-shape your crossfades into the release trigger portion of the sound.

Thanks again, Bruce.

Anyone know if working with Release samples is covered in the Giga Tutorial CD-ROM? (NOt just defining them, but actually creating them and getting them right.) I know the most recent help file on using the Editor is good, but I\'m still wishing someone would write a book on Giga. When I imagine myself having to pop a Video CD into my computer to look up something (probably while a huge giga file is loaded), I start to dream of a nice thick book, with a good index, that I could pull from the shelf.

Any chance the people who created the video CD\'s could do a manual using screens shots from the video? Assuming they used a digital camera, and now just typed in their words or had a transcriber do it, they could create one in a month or a long week. Very low cost for them, since they already have the images and the words that would become the text. They could bundle it with the CD\'s for another 20 dollars or so.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Everything you need is covered in the GigaStudio Mastery set. Its footprint is minimal--not a problem to use at all.

Go Back to forum