• Register
  • Help

Topic: Acoustic Guitar

Share/Bookmark

Acoustic Guitar

Whats the best acoustic guitar library out there?
    I need to do realistic chord strumming using multisamples, not pre-recorded chords. It must also have decent solo patches with a vibrato controll of some sort..
    Ive heard Quantum Leap 56\' Stratocaster is awesome, but thats not a acoustic guitar now is it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Is there a acoustic guitar library out there with the same detail?

All replies appreciated..

Re: Acoustic Guitar

You may want to check out the acoustic archtop jazz guitars in the \"Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos\" collection from Bardstown Audio. There are mp3 demos on our web site.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

In my opinion, you can\'t make realistic guitar chords using multisampled singlestring notes.
    When you strum a chord on a guitar, wether it\'s an acoustic or electric, the strings resonance together that makes the sound. If you play a chord with the same notes, but use single samples, you don\'t get that effect, and therefore you don\'t get a natural strumming sound.
    There\'s a lot of libraries that has chords, we have two: Acoustic Essentials (that also has acoustic bass and drums together with both single notes and strums) and Jacaranda Guitar, that has a lot of chordtypes that are not normally found in a guitar library. You can find them, and listen to demos at Bigga Giggas, see the link below.

Remember that much of the sound of a guitar sample comes from the release samples, which give you the vibrations of that chord or note continuing to move inside the guitar and resonating the sound board. (The timbre of a guitar is after all largely caused not by the vibration of the string, but by the vibration of the wood that the vibrating string sets off.) A chord vibrating that wood--all those notes and overtones-sounds very different from the combined vibrations of individual strings. Let your ear guide you. Listen to all the demos you can.

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    Remember that much of the sound of a guitar sample comes from the release samples, which give you the vibrations of that chord or note continuing to move inside the guitar and resonating the sound board. (The timbre of a guitar is after all largely caused not by the vibration of the string, but by the vibration of the wood that the vibrating string sets off.) A chord vibrating that wood--all those notes and overtones-sounds very different from the combined vibrations of individual strings. Let your ear guide you. Listen to all the demos you can.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">All the instruments in the \"Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos\" collection do have release samples, which add a great deal of character to plucked stringed instruments. The release samples in this collection capture the sound of the finger coming off the finger board and the release sample volume is controllable with the mod wheel.

The Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos collection is available in Giga, EXS24 as 24 bit instruments, and soon to be native Kontakt and HALion formats as 24 bit instruments.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Hello Nagash20,

I\'ll put in my two cents for the Bardstown Audio Archtop Guitars and Tenor Banjos. The release triggered samples sound fantastic and respond very well to MIDI strummers such as the Musiclab plug-in called Rhythm\'n\'Chords.

For some reason, the way these samples were \"performed\" when they were tracked enables them to work really well with dynamic strums and lead lines. There are both picked and thumbed attacks as well as acoustic and pickup samples for the vintage archtop.

Kevin

I will also add to Kevin\'s reply about Music Lab\'s Rhythm n\' Chords that the newer versions of PG Music\'s Band in the Box also generates excellent rhythms, chords, and strums, that also work exceptionally well with these sampled acoustic and electric Vintage Archtop Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos.

These sampled guitars and tenor banjos not only work and sound great with \"Rhythm n\' Chords\" and \"Band in the Box,\" but you also do not have the limitations of working with a limited selection of sample recorded chords, rhythms, and strums, that are included in some sampled guitar collections. With these programs you can generate any chord in any key, such as a Gb7b9+11, and apply it to any rhythm at any tempo. The possibilities really are unlimited!

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Errr... Sorry I haven\'t used any of the above libraries before. But for all my guitar works, I use,

Virtual Guitarist: strummings and stuff
    Yellow Tools Pure Guitars: for solos and stuff
    Mat Ragan Steel Strength: Just for the D16 sound and stuff

Pretty good!!! hehehee... But I only use it for sequencing and getting ideas down though. Once I have got all my parts down, I drag the guitarist from my ex-band and strap him to a chair and shove a mic up his @$$ and record... ehehhehe... Always more real that way!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

meeehoon

I have Yellow Tools Pure Guitars. The spanish guitar is pretty decent.

I also would like to suggest the arch top guitars made by Bardstown Audio. They work quite well in any chord setting.

I recently purchased the guitar set from Sonic Implants. When I get the CD, I will comment further on that collection when it arrives. They have single notes and chords. I wanted both because I don\'t play the guitar (I wanted some authentic chords), and sometimes having one note for a chord would go faster in my sequencing.

Go Back to forum