• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Nick or QL Hardcore Bass users

Share/Bookmark

Question for Nick or QL Hardcore Bass users

Hi Nick, and QL Hardcore Bass users. Here\'s my scenario. I have Trilogy and Overdrive. But Trilogy does not have the really hard bass sounds I would like to use with Overdrive (That\'s about all it doesn\'t have, btw. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) So would QL Hardcore Bass be what I need for really...um...hardcore bass lines? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Thanks for your input.

Re: Question for Nick or QL Hardcore Bass users

If you look at the vintage samples in trilogy you find some nice old school sounds. I find with trilogy on the disk the extra expence on QL Bass is just not worth it. I would wait for something like the drums of DFHS for my budget!!!

Have you tried using the Trilogy Pick Bass with Amplitube? This is a great way to get more intense Electric bass sounds for rock.

Check out Tobs demo using Trilogy and Amplitube:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instruments/trilogy/Trilogy-Electric-Protons_on_Fire.html

Hardcore Bass has its own sound too...I have it and like it for certain styles.

spectrum

It always amazes me how many cools sounds can come out of the electric bass. Hardcore Bass is fairly specific, although it covers a broad range of sounds and articulations, it is still the sound of 2 basses. All the Harcore Bass demos show off the bass in it\'s raw state, so I think you can figure out if you want that sound. You won\'t get that particular sound from any other bass library, which is why it was made, inspite of the awesome Trilogy.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your feedback. Eric, I don\'t have Amplitube, actually. I\'m going to check out Tobias\' demo.

Nick, I did listen to your online demos, and it sounds VERY impressive. Doug announced the sale www.soundsonline.com is having, so I can get a great deal on QL Hardcore Bass at the moment.

While you\'re there Eric, have you ever considered doing an update for Trilogy with Les Claypool (of Primus fame)? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum