• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Where's the ballsy tuba?

Share/Bookmark

Where\'s the ballsy tuba?

I\'m not happy with Quantum Leap or Seidlaczeck (sp?). I need a very ballsy, shake-the-rafters fortissimo tuba sample!

Any suggestions?

Re: Where\'s the ballsy tuba?

Dan Dean Solo Brass ... the tuba have a FFF patch

Komrade, try the Tuba Czar patch - from DD Solo Brass I believe.

HOWEVER -make sure everything is bolted down before playing at a loud volume. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Regards,
    Didier

Yes indeed, of the currently released samples, the DD solo brass Tuba is balzy to say the least!
    Do mind the advice to bolt things down. Have fun!
    Dave

Looks like I better start saving my pennies for DD! Thanks...

Originally posted by Phattlippz:
    I\'m not happy with Quantum Leap or Seidlaczeck (sp?). I need a very ballsy, shake-the-rafters fortissimo tuba sample!

Any suggestions?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Don\'t know if it\'s ballsy in the way you like it, but a lot of people have said that they like the BoB Tuba a lot, and it\'s only $59....
    Check Bigga Giggas, (link below) for more info

The Dan Dean tuba sounds great layering with his Bass Trombone too - btw you can purchase instruments seperately from Dan - you don\'t have to go for the full solo brass.

Ian

The most FFF tuba out there is in DDSB right now.

It may not be the sound you\'re looking for tho. I mean, yah it rattles and booms, but it doesn\'t have alot of \"air\" in the recording. I think it works great for dixieland type stuff, and alot of \"band\" stuff

Personally I dont have a tuba I totally love yet, one that ooomphs me out of this world.

If you need a tuba RIGHT NOW!!! then I\'d definitely pick up DD\'s

If you\'re willing to wait a few, I\'d look into waiting for EW/QLSO\'s or Aenigma\'s, or VSL\'s.

Dont get me wrong. I think DD\'s is great, Its just a matter of looking at all the options you might have, and getting the sound you want. I\'d hate for you to pick up DD\'s and find it not what you want, and then think that the rest of that awesome library is useless, because it definitely is not useless.

As Worra pointed out, there is BOB too. Tho I haven\'t heard much in the FFF playing of it. I\'ve heard it used for mellow stuff and it sounds awesome.

Maybe give us an example of the sound you\'re looking for, and we can post an example of the DD tuba.

BTW, layering the tuba god from QLB and DD\'s tuba is a great combo, and is usually what I use if I want some oomph stacatto stuff with a little bite.

As always, this forum rocks!! Thanks King and others--I feel informed now!

TC

My vote goes to DDSB tuba too....
    it roars at fff!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum