• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chicken systems: Translator and Sample Cell format

Share/Bookmark

Chicken systems: Translator and Sample Cell format

I have noticed that some sample cds from Timespace.com, for example: Synclavier (ilio) series have cheaper Sample Cell cds.

I would like to know if there is any reason why they would be cheaper. Is the programming terrible, or what? Are their velocity layers etc?

Will Translator convert it properly?

Ed

Re: Chicken systems: Translator and Sample Cell format

Ed,

Originally posted by Ed:
    I have noticed that some sample cds from Timespace.com, for example: Synclavier (ilio) series have cheaper Sample Cell cds.

I would like to know if there is any reason why they would be cheaper. Is the programming terrible, or what? Are their velocity layers etc?

Will Translator convert it properly?

Ed
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I have had horrible trouble with SDII and Chicken translator. I have emailed, called, and sent files to the people at translator. I get an apology but no action.
    I\'m also a little tired of seeing them at different sites advertising.
    I don\'t get it, they advertise that it does SDII to Giga and they get nice reviews but the product is simply not working for me.
    IN reguards to the librarys you mentioned, I have had good success. I used to use Sample Cell before EXS and Giga. The Ilio stuff is great-especially the synclavier series.

Sincerely

Re: Chicken systems: Translator and Sample Cell format

Originally posted by JohnnyP:
    I have had horrible trouble with SDII and Chicken translator. I have emailed, called, and sent files to the people at translator. I get an apology but no action.
    I\'m also a little tired of seeing them at different sites advertising.
    I don\'t get it, they advertise that it does SDII to Giga and they get nice reviews but the product is simply not working for me.
    IN reguards to the librarys you mentioned, I have had good success. I used to use Sample Cell before EXS and Giga. The Ilio stuff is great-especially the synclavier series.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hmm, well I have gone out on blind faith that Translator can translate Synclavier: World and Orchestral Percussion in Sample Cell format. I really hope it works!

How did you resolve your problems though? Is cdextract better at translating SampleCell?

You seem to make out that you have the synclavier series. I dont suppose you could to direct me to some music you or anyone else has made with the libraries?

Its just the 2 ilio demos are somewhat lacking in showing what\'s included. I ordered the Keys and guitars disk in Roland format, I have my fingers crossed that it has the sounds Im after, and that they sampled them well. I really want to hear some more of their \'Brass and Winds\' disk as well.

Ive also decided I am never buying Akai libraries ever again unless I cant help it. Roland for example has such more detailed programming options like crossfading, and libraries like SOV has crossfading my my akai lib doesn\'t. Synclavier strings for Roland also has crossfading, my akai one doesnt. Oh well you live and learn I guess. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Ed

Go Back to forum