• Register
  • Help

Topic: DDSB for pop?

Share/Bookmark

DDSB for pop?

Anyone using DanDean Solo Brass for pop? Is it working for you? Are the attacks relatively fast?

I\'m thinking of getting maybe the trumpet, trombone, bass trombone and tuba only. Would that be worthwhile? Or, would I wish I got the whole collection, to use the other horns to fill out big chords and stabs?

Thanks for any advice,
    Arch

Re: DDSB for pop?

Originally posted by Arch Stanton:
    Anyone using DanDean Solo Brass for pop? Is it working for you? Are the attacks relatively fast?

I\'m thinking of getting maybe the trumpet, trombone, bass trombone and tuba only. Would that be worthwhile? Or, would I wish I got the whole collection, to use the other horns to fill out big chords and stabs?

Thanks for any advice,
    Arch
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Arch
    In a word: No.
    Although this library have the so much looking ff and fff samples, they sound so different in the attack and timbre to be used in pop. Well, at least in my experience (also using QLB, Roland Archives, VR sound, etc.etc)
    To this date, the only library I heard that sounds a little more close to the real thing is Kick *** Brass. The demos sound very good but there is just 4 solo instruments (trumpet, alto sax, tenor sax and trombone) and is very expensive (400 UK pounds) for so little.
    Take a look in www.samples4.com
    Good Luck
    Jose Pereira

Yes,
    it\'s too bad that these Kick ** Brass are so expensive : the demos sound really good, but the price is far from being incentive !
    Let\'s hope that they will really lower the price tag in a few months. Personnally, I\'ll do without it as long as it is so expensive.

I would go for the brass ensembles for pop use - at least for trumpets. I don\'t know about trumpet and horn ensembles in pop... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum