• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Tootie Flutie"

Share/Bookmark

"Tootie Flutie"

Moozick Lovers,

This is my "Tootie Flutie", a work for harpsichord and...I forget the other instrument.

Both instruments are Garritan GPO.

This work has been performed by live musicians in the past. There were no problems in playing it with the exception of the flute "slide" at the very end. The "slide" is accomplished by performing a rapid, downward, chromatic, legato passage.

For the live performance, a piano was substituted for the harpsichord. The live piano did not possess the crispness and agressiveness of the sampled harpsichord!

Best regards to everyone.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Tootie Flutie"

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Thank you for the music, Larry - That was a nice, bright, bouncy thing to hear first thing this late Sunday morning.

Randy
    My pleasure, Brother B. Thanks for taking the time to have a listen.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hello Larry!

I really enjoy the lightheartedness of this piece. In musical circles, I believe that other instrument is known as the flute, but I may be wrong.

This really gains a lot from the harpsichord, I find it hard to imagine being played with a piano, but certainly deserved of many-a-performance nonetheless!

Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello Larry!

I really enjoy the lightheartedness of this piece. In musical circles, I believe that other instrument is known as the flute, but I may be wrong.

This really gains a lot from the harpsichord, I find it hard to imagine being played with a piano, but certainly deserved of many-a-performance nonetheless!

Thanks for sharing!
    Good to hear from you, Mister Michael. Thanks for your comments.

Take care.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

"If you're feeling a little blue, listen to Larry's Tootie Floo." OK, that was pretty bad. Unlike your piece.

Great job, as ever, and I always look to forward to hearing the little surprises you usually insert for us.

Owen
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    "If you're feeling a little blue, listen to Larry's Tootie Floo." OK, that was pretty bad. Unlike your piece.

Great job, as ever, and I always look to forward to hearing the little surprises you usually insert for us.

Owen
    Blimey! What a poet you are, tea-sipper dude! Now that you live in the good ol' U. S. of A., have you partaken of iced tea yet? Most Brits think it is an abomination.

Thanks for 'avin' a listen, Mister Owen.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Now that you live in the good ol' U. S. of A., have you partaken of iced tea yet? Most Brits think it is an abomination.
    I've tried to like it, I really have! Guess some things are just not meant to be...
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    I've tried to like it, I really have! Guess some things are just not meant to be...
    Some things are just not meant to be...like kidney pie here in the states.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

What a happy way to finish my listen for the night. The flute and harpsichord are a very nice combination. It had a "courtly" dance sound to the piece.

Thanks for posting this Larry, very enjoyable!
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast