• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Woodwind Quartet Number Two"

Share/Bookmark

"Woodwind Quartet Number Two"

Music People,

Herewith is my "Woodwind Quartet Number Two" One each flute, oboe, Bb clarinet and bassoon. All instruments are GPO.:

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...dQuartet02.mp3

Regards to all.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Woodwind Quartet Number Two"

Thank you, Professor Alexander. It's a most entertaining lesson in harmony, counterpoint, and scoring for woodwind quartet that you bring us today. All of your students can only hope to some day master music theory as well as you, knowing that many of will fall short of the goal.

As always - looking forward to when your master class is in session again.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Thank you, Professor Alexander. It's a most entertaining lesson in harmony, counterpoint and scoring for woodwind quartet that you bring us today. All of your students can only hope to some day master music theory as well as you, knowing that many of will fall short of the goal.

As always - looking forward to when your master class is in session again.

Randy
    All right, Mister Bowser. Come up to the chalkboard and write a complete analysis of measures seventeen through twenty-six. Then drop down and give me fifteen pushups. I don't run a panty-waist class here!

Thanks to my top student, R.B.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Okay Larry, I did my 15 pushups so there. What's that you say, 15 more for talking back to the teach in that tone. Okay just a second............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ........................................there I did 16 more (one for good measure ---or is that measures 17 through 24)

I'm so glad you changed your mind on never writing again. Then we would all be the lesser for it.

This is such good counterpoint. Lots of people have creative counterpoint these days in their compositions, but it is mostly horizontal. Yours are horizontal and vertical where the chords all seem to fit perfectly, and as the teach knows, this is very, very difficult to do!

Amazed at your ability to do this and yet have a melodic frolicking piece materialize anyway.

Thanks for the lesson. I'd better get back to the books.

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Okay Larry, I did my 15 pushups so there. What's that you say, 15 more for talking back to the teach in that tone. Okay just a second............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ........................................there I did 16 more (one for good measure ---or is that measures 17 through 24)

I'm so glad you changed your mind on never writing again. Then we would all be the lesser for it.

This is such good counterpoint. Lots of people have creative counterpoint these days in their compositions, but it is mostly horizontal. Yours are horizontal and vertical where the chords all seem to fit perfectly, and as the teach knows, this is very, very difficult to do!

Amazed at your ability to do this and yet have a melodic frolicking piece materialize anyway.

Thanks for the lesson. I'd better get back to the books.

Cass

Go back home and get the apple that you were supposed to bring to me (the fruit, not the computer).

I thank you for the compliments, Mister Cass. I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

Live long and prosper in good health!

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum