• Register
  • Help

Topic: Whinge about ethnic winds!

Share/Bookmark

Whinge about ethnic winds!

I posted this in the \"Anyone purchased Ethno World 2\" topic but I figured it deserves its own special place.

\"Why do developers skimp on the ethnic winds?

There are sooo many flippin ethnic drum/percussion libraries out there and they still skimp on the winds.

I know there is \"world winds\" and some useful winds on some of the other libs, but surely there would be a niche for someone to do the ethnic winds some justice!

If I had some money and knew some people ;-)\"

Ben H

Re: Whinge about ethnic winds!

I\'d have to say I agree. I (and others) have requested different types of ethnic flutes and whistles before.

I think you could easily fill up a sample CD (or 3) with just these instruments.

I think most of these instruments would blend so well with orchestral and other arrangements too, their use could easily be widespread.

Interested in this thread, too.

Anybody knows a bit more about

http://www.ilio.com/ilio/worldwinds/index.html

which sounds rather good in my opinion ?

Yeah they are okay. Not enough diversity and some are either too breathy or too gritty for my liking.

Ben H

I think developers tend to skimp on ethnic instruments in general. I mean I would love to see the same attention to detail paid on orchestral instruments to ethnic ones. All those articulations and performances, etc. would be great [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I think this thread probably proves the developers point. They can\'t justify the outlay in an ethnic wind collection if they are going to get as many customers as people who responded to this thread!

We are DOOMED.

Ben H

I\'m all for more ethnic instrument libraries... especially winds!

VSL should do one, its the perfect application!!

Ed

VSL should do one, its the perfect application!!

Ed
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, somehow I don\'t see much chance of that happening. Although I didn\'t see them doing the non-orchestral stuff and look what happened? They blew us away with that.

Maybe piece by piece they have some global plan for sample library domination [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Who knows if they intend to knock of ethnic next?

Seriously, does anyone know what the outlay to do a library is? I know what studio time costs but what would a good session muso be worth? Say we got Riley Lee to do Shaku, or Dijvan Gasparyan (not sure of spelling) for duduk

Ben H

Sorry double post.

Ben H

Go Back to forum