• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee R.S.P '73

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee R.S.P \'73

I\'m seriously considering buying the Scarbee R.S.P, and wondered if I can get some opinions.

Also, I noticed in the demos, some have chorus/tremlo (Didier\'s \"A night in Nice\" for example) A fabulous sound. Is that a \"stock\" sound? If not, is it possible to get the .art files, as I know little about editing in GS. Maybe Thomas could answer that one [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ...

Thanks and a peaceful new year to all

Mal

Re: Scarbee R.S.P \'73

Hi mal7:

The FX used for this song is internal Logic FX.
    (I used the EXS24 mk II version for this)
    I thínk you can make the same FX in Giga, it\'s a little reverb and a panning tremolo (8 notes synced to the tempo.)

The EQ used on the EXS24 version is similar to the \"Classic - bright\" on the Giga version.

happy new year

regards

Thomas Scarbee\'s new sampled Rhodes is the best I have played! It really does sound and feel like a real Rhodes! The difference between Scarbee\'s Rhodes and other sampled Rhodes is like playing a keyboard sampled B3, which can be quiet sterile, and then playing a real Hammond B3 through a real Leslie tone cabinet with tubes. Thomas Scarbee\'s Rhodes most definitely has guts and balls like a real Fender Rhodes!

Thomas, thank you so much for providing us with such an important and most useful instrument!

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Thanks for that Kip (By the way, I am still enjoying your Bosendorfer Imperial [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

My only concern with the R.S.P. \'73, is to get similar effects in GS as Thomas has done in Logic. GS does not appear to have a tremlo effect...and the reverb and chorus don\'t sound the best to me.
    Has anyone edited Scarbees RSP \'73 in GigaStrudio to get the beautiful tremlo Rhodes sound on Didier\'s \"A Night in Nice\"? Would someone have an .art file?
    Or without Logic, would I need an external effects unit?

Any help appreciated

Mal

Hi mal7:

One of the next days I can try to do a similar sound with the Giga FX.

When Giga 3.0 are out I think this problem is gone...

Thanks Thomas, that would be great...

I have GS v2.5. When I purchase your R.S.P. 73, could the FX edits be included as an .art file? or would the effects be already inbedded in the sample? It would be great if there was a way to have various tremlos and reverb Rhodes included in your samples...as different instruments which I could assign to different midi channels.

Please excuse my ignorance on these matters....I am a jazz pianist, far more than a computer whiz [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Mal

I haven\'t heard much feedback on the R.S.P. \'73 on this forum [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Before I part with my hard earned $$$, (around $400 Aust) could anyone who has this library, give me their opinions. Also has anyone successfully added an authentic tremlo/chorus effect through Gigastudio?

many thanks
    Mal

OK, no comments from anyone.....so I took the plunge and ordered the Scarbee R.S.P. \'73. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Those demos were soooo good!

Originally posted by mal7:
    OK, no comments from anyone.....so I took the plunge and ordered the Scarbee R.S.P. \'73. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Those demos were soooo good!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Congratulations! I am sure you will not be disappointed!

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Hi mal7:

Thanks. I\'m sure you will like it! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thomas

Go Back to forum