• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Jaco type" fretless bass?

Share/Bookmark

"Jaco type" fretless bass?

Hello!
    My name is Jan and I´ve been a regular visitor here for a long time. This is one of the most interesting forum and and you guys have given me so much knowledge and useful information. Now it´s time for my first post.
    I´m working with a project and I need a good fretless bass with a \"Jaco\" type of sound - that singing tone and some good harmonics too. Currently I use the Solo fretless in the Bass & Drums expansion card with my JV-1080, but I´m not totally satisfied with it.
    I´ve been looking forward to Scarbee´s fretless, but I need something right now. I would appreciate if someone could recommend a library with the bass sound I´m looking for. Akai or Giga.

Thanks!

Re: "Jaco type" fretless bass?

Hi Guys,

I\'m sorry I can\'t deliver a fretless right now, but be sure that when I do it will be something interesting.

I have already done some of it, but for what I want to do I need a little more technology than available now. I think Giga 3.0 will realize this.
    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Our new Jaco sound on our Trilogy virtual instrument will blow your mind! It\'s definitely one of the highlights of the instrument

Coming VERY soon...

spectrum

PS. Just to clarify...Jaco wasn\'t alive when we did the sampling for Bass Legends...that was Marcus Miller!

\"I would appreciate if someone could recommend a library with the bass sound I´m looking for. Akai or ===Giga===.\"

\"Our new Jaco sound on our Trilogy virtual instrument will blow your mind! It\'s definitely one of the highlights of the instrument\"

Sorry, confused... again. Will Trilogy be something that can be installed into GigaStudio as well?

Thanks for your replies. So it doesn´t seem to be the right time for buying now when both Scarbee and Spectrum are so close to releasing. Perhaps I just use what I got right now and wait for your mind blowing libraries to come out [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Considering the quality of what you´ve done so far, I guess I just have to buy both Scarbee´s fretless and Trilogy.

Scarbee and Spectrum; When can we hear some mp3 demos of them?

Spectrum; Were you involved also in the Bass & Drums extension for Roland JV´s? Just curious...

I´m a former bass player who began in the early 70´s, with Jaco as House God, but I had to quit playing a year ago because of increasing reumathism. So, instead of playing the bass myself I now use the keyboard and I find it damn hard to get that right feeling.

Hi,

My fretless bass WILL be released for Giga.
    It will be the Jaco sound...

PS. Isn\'t there a forum for Virtual Instruments somewhere? It would be nice if post about these formats could move to there. There is plenty of posts about Giga that could get some more room here.

With all this new cloning technology we might be able to sample our old dead heroes I\'d love to sample Bonham [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Trilogy is a Virtual Instrument that will work with everyone\'s computer systems, but it\'s not a Giga library.

But I mentioned Trilogy because Jimini also mentioned that he uses the Bass & Drums Roland expansion board (which we created too). It seemed pretty clear that the goal was to get a great Jaco fretless sound, and that format was not a particular consequence.

I think pretty soon the moderators of this forum will have to decide what they want to do about this issue, since many Giga users are also using Virtual Instruments now...and many sample library producers are making virtual instruments (Spectrasonics, East West, USB, Sonic Reality, Yellow Tools, etc)...it\'s basically the exact same customers and market.

I\'ve tried not to originate posts about our instruments here, but I will always answer questions about our instruments, and I think it is certainly appropriate to reply to a posting like this, when this is already a Spectrasonics customer, who is asking about exactly the sound that we have spent a huge amount of time perfecting in Trilogy...and since it is actually shipping in January...it\'s particularly relevant to his question...right?

Thomas, I have the utmost respect for your excellent work, but unless I\'m told not to...you can count on me to respond to any and all Acoustic, Electric and Synth bass threads....since we busted our butts here to make a great instrument with brand new samples that addresses all three categories and it is our main focus right now. The one thing I WONT do is post on a thread which is originated about a particular competing product, since that would be uncool. But if it\'s a general Bass question, I think Spectrasonics should have the right to speak openly about discussing our products...especially since we have made the well-known Roland board, Bass Legends, the Roland library and now Trilogy.....Bass is kind of our thing!

best,

spectrum

PS. Jimini...the difference between the old Roland B&D board and the new Trilogy plug-in is 8 megabytes vs 3000 megabytes.....so it\'s a pretty massive improvement!

Spectrum - \"It seemed pretty clear that the goal was to get a great Jaco fretless sound, and that format was not a particular consequence.\"

Jimini Cricket - \"I would appreciate if someone could recommend a library with the bass sound I´m looking for. Akai or Giga.\"

Sounds like Jimini Cricket was looking for an akai or giga related solution.

Just an observation.

Go Back to forum