• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: What will NAMM bring

Share/Bookmark

What will NAMM bring

It\'s the Christmas season, but I figure for most music guys our REAL christmas comes when we see all the new products at winter NAMM. So - what all do we think will be showing up this year?

I\'ll start: We know East West and VSL will be making some great new showings for their new libraries. I\'m sure Gary Garritan will be there as well, unless he\'s still trying to catch up on orders.

However - I\'m guessing (and hoping) Eric Persing might just announce some new libraries! Maybe a Guitar instrument - maybe some other cool stuff that only Eric could come up with.

I think we all hope and expect to see Tascam show either a sign of revival or burial for Giga.

Okay - that\'s all I have - what about the rest of you?

J-

Re: What will NAMM bring

I would be smiling too if I knew I had a CS-80 waiting at home.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Gary Garritan will be at NAMM in the same spot he\'s been the last couple years. I\'ll be manning the booth with him.

Atmosphere 2. Please... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

GigaStudio 3.0. Hopefully! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

finally, a fart library will be released.

I\'d like a beer library that literally lets me sample beers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] No modeling technology please.

and yes will fender just make yet another Squire strat, I dont think there are enough.

I think King just tipped the hat on one of his low cost releases! Hopefully it will blend well with my custom fart library.

Introducing \"Mighty Wind\" with VFT* (Virtual Flatulence Technology). Sampled with pristine-quality high end mic preamps, and the finest Apogee A/D converters, these samples have up to 32 velocity layers to allow for just the right amount of cheek pressure. Multiple mic placements allow you to determine the perfect amount of ambience and porcelain resonance via mod wheel control. Articulations include staccato, crescendo, true legato, and flutter blast. Sustains contain no looping and are allowed to decay naturally (some last as long as 48 seconds!).
    There are even special performance files such as half and whole step grace notes and multi-sample repeats to avoid that \"machine-gun\" effect. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

sheesh Ray - you\'ve nailed the power library spiel perfectly! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] What a crack up

Ray, from the beginning I knew where you were going but it didn\'t stop me from laughing my *** off. 48 seconds??? Who did the demos?

Go Back to forum