• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Through the Woods", an orchestral piece.

Share/Bookmark

"Through the Woods", an orchestral piece.

Hi forum. I just would like to share with Garritan community an original piece I've composed. As it can surely be noticed, I used GPO4 for all samples.

Hope you enjoy it, and best wishes for you all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBTfDZGba2c

Re: "Through the Woods", an orchestral piece.

Hello "Wolf2272" AKA "Sade Henki" - Looks like I have not only the privilege of welcoming you to the Forum, being the first on your thread, but also the first to hear your music at YouTube!

In what way are you a "future" student (as it says in the YT text) - Sounds like you're already well into being an advanced student. Your "Through the Woods" is evocative, very nicely orchestrated and well rendered. Beautiful work obviously flowing from a very musical soul.

Many of us here are "just" enthusiastic amateurs, so rest assured, you're among friends who are your equals, not your superiors.

Thank you so much for sharing your music here with us!
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello "Wolf2272" AKA "Sade Henki" - Looks like I have not only the privilege of welcoming you to the Forum, being the first on your thread, but also the first to hear your music at YouTube!

In what way are you a "future" student (as it says in the YT text) - Sounds like you're already well into being an advanced student. Your "Through the Woods" is evocative, very nicely orchestrated and well rendered. Beautiful work obviously flowing from a very musical soul.

Many of us here are "just" enthusiastic amateurs, so rest assured, you're among friends who are your equals, not your superiors.

Thank you so much for sharing your music here with us!
    Randy
    Thank you so much for such a warm welcoming! I'm a future student 'cause I haven't taken any lessons, but I plan to pursue a formal career on music, so I will get a University degree on Composition, and on Film Scoring afterwards. That's pretty much what I meant!

I really really appreciate your positive feedback on the piece, thank you!

And it's my pleasure to share music with you all!

Best regards,
    Robert

This sounds very nice. I like the full sound render that you got with GPO4. This has a very cinematic flare to it. There are others on this forum that have been presenting film and video game type of orchestrations. Your music is very similar to that style. I like this very much. Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum. Jay

If this is you before study, I can't wait to hear the after. You must have had some private instruction along the way or you have an incredible musical intuition. Either way this is an impressive listen.

Go Back to forum