• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Philharmonia Banjo.zip file on Box

Share/Bookmark

My Philharmonia Banjo.zip file on Box

This is just something that makes me curious. Quite awhile ago, I put together a Banjo SFZ file from the free set of Banjo samples found in the Philharmonia collection. I posted it here maybe two years ago. Daily, sometimes several times in a day, I get email notification from Box that someone has downloaded it.

That's great that people are making use out of that file I put together - But how are so many people are finding it? Just from that ancient post now in the archives--? I guess maybe doing a search for "banjo VST" or "banjo sfz"--something like brings my thread up in the results? If so - Goes to show you how what we post here lives on! - Cracks me up that sometimes when I use Google to find some info on a technical question, often what comes up on the first page of results will be a post I wrote on the topic! hehe.

Just curious--Any info on this, anyone?

Randy

Re: My Philharmonia Banjo.zip file on Box

How about posting the link here?

Allegro Data Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by ejr View Post
    How about posting the link here?
    Good idea, ejr!

Here's the link to the original post in 2011 about the Banjo, complete with download link:

Need a Banjo?

Randy

EDIT: I just looked more thoroughly through that thread I posted. You were very active on it, ejr, talking about using the raw Philharmonia samples to make instruments. You had apparently finished doing a violin. And I talked about my failed attempt to do an SFZ with the full strings samples - I gave up because the samples were so raw, and I couldn't loop them properly. I remember I spent a big chunk of time on that. But as mentioned on that thread, there is a completed Tuba SFZ instrument on the Philharmonia site, and there are surely other potential instruments waiting there.

Here's the Philharmonia site where the samples can be downloaded:

Philharmonia Orchestra samples

Yes, I remember. I just thought anyone reading your post might be interested in the library you were writing about and would appreciate seeing the link right there with it.

I also remember an old thread about the best freebees. It would be nice if someone could revive that as a permanent feature (perhaps in the form of a poll, with links to the files) so anyone wishing to try them would be able to see which were the most popular.

Allegro Data Solutions

Yes, I remember. I just thought anyone reading your post might be interested in the library you were writing about and would appreciate seeing the link right there with it.

I also remember an old thread about the best freebees. It would be nice if someone could revive that as a permanent feature (perhaps in the form of a poll, with links to the files) so anyone wishing to try them would be able to see which were the most popular.
    Yes, you were absolutely right, ejr! I appreciate your prompt for me to post the links.

I can think of one thread about good freebies, but I don't know if it's what you were thinking of. I'll post the link anyway - with one very important caveat:

WARNING! --- The first post on the thread I'm posting has links and info on 10 cool, free things, but the thread went off in argumentative tangents which would probably be good to just ignore now. It would be a drag if any of the side issues on the thread inspire more off-topic debate, so it really would be best not to post a new response to that thread, bringing it to the top. I'm posting it so people who missed it the first time can see the info in the thread's first post:

10 Very Useful FREE Things

Randy

Actually, no. That wasn't the thread I was thinking of. It was a much longer one dealing with free virtual instruments.

Here is a link to a page with a couple of my favorites:

http://sonimusicae.free.fr/accueil-en.html

Allegro Data Solutions

Actually, no. That wasn't the thread I was thinking of. It was a much longer one dealing with free virtual instruments.

Here is a link to a page with a couple of my favorites:

http://sonimusicae.free.fr/accueil-en.html
    Really nice site!--Thanks for the link, ejr.

I've used several different search terms looking for the old thread you're thinking of, but can't find it. Maybe we should just start a new one! People could reply and add info and links to freebies they especially like. Want to start it off, ejr?-- "The Best Free Virtual Instruments," a title something like that, and the Sonimusicae site could start things off.

Randy

Okay. I was going to put the link to your banjo up as well, but I thought you could describe it better than me.

Allegro Data Solutions

Okay. I was going to put the link to your banjo up as well, but I thought you could describe it better than me.
    I see you started the thread, ejr - THANKS! I have a post ready to put on it - But wanted to say on this thread, thanks for the idea of putting my little Philharmonia Banjo on the new thread, but people can find it here. I think the new thread you've started should be for the really outstanding, stellar free instruments that are out there, like on the link you posted.

See you at the new thread.

Randy

Go Back to forum