• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Follow up to Golgotha - Diva by Design

Share/Bookmark

Follow up to Golgotha - Diva by Design

Hello everyone,

I just finished this short demo using Diva by Design. This time I didn\'t use any synth textures and tried to stay away from instrumentation that would cover up the vocals. The result seems to be a bit more raw sounding to me. The distant sounding voices you hear are built into the clips, I did not add them. They are the result of M-S recording and the fact that the side mics were dialed up for those clips. Anyway, give it a whirl, here\'s the link:

http://www.moysite.com/music/resurrection.mp3

Re: Follow up to Golgotha - Diva by Design

Hey Damoy,
    Nice Work!
    I must say I think that is my favorite example of Diva yet.
    That\'s all I got [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

cb

Damoy,

Nice job. It\'s pretty. However, personally it just doesn\'t bring the image of \"Resurrection\" in my mind unlike your last piece, \"Golgotha\".

I guess my personal vision is \"Resurrection\" should be sounding big, grand, joyous, loud blasts of trumpets and french horns and angelic choirs rejoicing.

Just my opinions. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Owel

Originally posted by Owel:
    Damoy,

I guess my personal vision is \"Resurrection\" should be sounding big, grand, joyous, loud blasts of trumpets and french horns and angelic choirs rejoicing.

Just my opinions. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Owel
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Depends.
    I think, he made it more mystic, as something unexplainable is happening. Something, that didn┤t happen before.
    Keep your loud trumpets and big french horns for the day, he comes back in glory. How would you express this day, if you┤ve already shooten all your powder on the resurrection ? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Very nice use of the 5.1 library, D.

I don\'t know which visual preset it was but on my Windows Media Player this demo \"looked\" very nice. Now how\'s that for a compliment?

------------
    Alex Cremers

Sounds great! Looking forward to this product.

Thanks for your comments and for listening all.

Owel and le petit prince - you guys are cracking me up [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

THANK YOU finally someone for doing a demo that really showcases the raw sound of the library without it being buried to \'hide\' anything.

It was said before and I must agree, this is my favorite example of DIVA... have you thought of posting the \'surround\' edition of it?

How does the \'surround\' stuff sound? Is it simply reverb in the back to \'open\' up the sound field or does she actually \'swirl\' around you?

Nice comp and very nice rendering...

Hey Francis, could you PLEASE screw up Bela D Bass so I can finally say something negative about you here? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

AL

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    How does the \'surround\' stuff sound? Is it simply reverb in the back to \'open\' up the sound field or does she actually \'swirl\' around you?

AL
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey guys, I got the answer to this from Francis in an e-mail, in case anyone else is interested:

\"There are 10 main surround sound session.
    Each session is made up of 6 wav files. Each are about 30 - 60 seconds

L
    R
    C
    RL
    RR
    LFE

When you import all 6 into the proper channels - she will fly!!!

Now, they are MY versions. You can import in any order and dump into any
    channel and FLY solo.\"

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] AL

Go Back to forum