• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT Buce Dave, Anyone?? Help with strangeness

Share/Bookmark

OT Buce Dave, Anyone?? Help with strangeness

The problem. Loading a piano in GS and playing through Sonor 3 The Cakewalk 2 part invention playing distorts the rhythm. Instead of even 8th notes it sounds almost like 16th and dotted8ths..
    The same file played directly to my S80 plays correctly, so it has to be a problem between Sonor and GS.

I first noticed it after installing Sib3 and Silver. This caused GS to stop recognizing Indigo i/o as my sound card. Reinstalling GS corrected this, but then the rhythm distortion began. Any ideas?

Re: OT Buce Dave, Anyone?? Help with strangeness

You don\'t have quantization turned on, by any chance? Could you have imported the file into an already open file with other settings about how to interpret notes?

Hi,

If you\'ve reinstalled GS, my guess is that you also deleted, created a different directory and reinstalled the samples too? If not, something to try until more knowledge comes along.

Thanks and hope you find a solution soon

Jake..Nope THanks I rechecked, and that wasn\'t the problem

Joanne Nada. With the exception of GS ,everything is on a firewire external drive.

Something else you might find worthwhile. You should be able to get it through Interlibrary loan
    Composing Music by William Russo University of Chicago Press. There is useful info there... :-) EJ

Go Back to forum