• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: More Forum Woes

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    More Forum Woes

    This site is no longer keeping me logged in. It now requires me to enter my name and password. What a pain.

    Allegro Data Solutions

  2. #2

    Re: More Forum Woes

    It just seems slow to me. I certainly hope you are able to get on and stay on. So far that has not been a problem for me.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  3. #3

    Re: More Forum Woes

    All seems normal to me... speed, check. Keep Me Logged In, check.

    So far... so good.
    Cheers,

    Kevin F..

    KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

    Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

    GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: More Forum Woes

    Quote Originally Posted by ejr View Post
    This site is no longer keeping me logged in. It now requires me to enter my name and password. What a pain.
    I am having the same problem. And time doesn't seem to be a factor. I can log in, go to another window and come back in a little as ten minutes and I have to log in again. The "keep me logged in" feature simply doesn't.

  5. #5

    Re: More Forum Woes

    That really is a pain, Ejr - Sorry to hear it!--- I've noticed that problem happening before for some people. I had an even worse problem when I very first signed up here in 2006. I couldn't log on at all, couldn't post - And that's the way it was for a full YEAR.

    I see that you're having the same problem of needing to constantly log back on, Tom - Are you both sure you haven't changed the cookie settings on your computer recently, either by design or accident?

    Kevin - You said all seems normal - including speed??-- This is very unusual to hear - I thought the slow page loading problem was being universally experienced, like Rich said in his reply.

    We all had that temporary glitch a couple of weeks ago when we'd get an error message every time we tried to post. That was fixed. Since then, the Forum is smoother and faster than it's been - But I can still look at a white page for 5 seconds or more when navigating. Sometimes pages will pop right up, other times, it's the long wait while it says "waiting for Northern Sounds" in the status thingie at the lower left.

    I hope more people check in on the specific problem you brought up, Ejr. Are other folks having to log in constantly?

    Randy

  6. #6
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: More Forum Woes

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    That really is a pain, Ejr - Sorry to hear it!--- I've noticed that problem happening before for some people. I had an even worse problem when I very first signed up here in 2006. I couldn't log on at all, couldn't post - And that's the way it was for a full YEAR.

    I see that you're having the same problem of needing to constantly log back on, Tom - Are you both sure you haven't changed the cookie settings on your computer recently, either by design or accident?

    Kevin - You said all seems normal - including speed??-- This is very unusual to hear - I thought the slow page loading problem was being universally experienced, like Rich said in his reply.

    We all had that temporary glitch a couple of weeks ago when we'd get an error message every time we tried to post. That was fixed. Since then, the Forum is smoother and faster than it's been - But I can still look at a white page for 5 seconds or more when navigating. Sometimes pages will pop right up, other times, it's the long wait while it says "waiting for Northern Sounds" in the status thingie at the lower left.

    I hope more people check in on the specific problem you brought up, Ejr. Are other folks having to log in constantly?

    Randy
    In a word, "No." Nothing has changed at this end. However, allow me to add a detail. When I log in to my account I get a thank you note. Then if I click on "Garritan," all is fine. BUT, if I click on support I have to sign in again. What's with that?

  7. #7

    Re: More Forum Woes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    ...When I log in to my account I get a thank you note. Then if I click on "Garritan," all is fine. BUT, if I click on support I have to sign in again. What's with that?
    Hi, Tom - When you say "all is fine," do you mean that you then stay logged on without being booted? When you say "click support"--what support do you mean? MM support?--that's a different website. - Sorry, not quite following you.

    I haven't had to log on here since I can remember. I stay logged on, can always zip right into the Forum.

    Randy

  8. #8

    Re: More Forum Woes

    I haven't had to log on here since I can remember. I stay logged on, can always zip right into the Forum.

    Randy

    Randy- Myself as well. Have not been here all day, but I just clicked on the shortcut bar icon and it opened instantly.

    The only time I have to re-log in is after I am forced to thoroughly clean out the cache, but's that's just business as usual, and I need to log in to everything again on those days.

    Otherwise, all is still well at this end....

    I wonder if there's been an update to one of the big browser windows that's causing the issue. I'm on Chrome, if that helps.
    Cheers,

    Kevin F..

    KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

    Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

    GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

  9. #9

    Re: More Forum Woes

    It has returned to normal now, with no change on my end. But, for several days, it had been logging me out on its own.

    On another note, I did some poking around in my preferences and unchecked a lot of stuff I don't use (text formatting, emoticons, etc.) and I noticed that the page where I type my posts loads a lot faster. It doesn't get a chance to hang. Now, I'm using a pretty fast machine (quad core, 6GB of RAM) and I have broadband access (20MB/sec downstream) which should be fast enough for something like this.

    Not knowing anything about the forum server, or even where it's located, I think it could be due to traffic or location. That might account for the fact that these issues appear to be intermitent. Though I'd be interested to know if the people who are geographically furthest away were seeing them more frequently.

    That said, it seemed to me that this forum used to be faster and less prone to trouble. Personally, I can live without all the extras that came with the redesign -- and I am hoping that turning off a lot of this stuff in my preferences will make a difference.

    Allegro Data Solutions

Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •