• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO 4 Notation vs Regular Sample Sets

Share/Bookmark

GPO 4 Notation vs Regular Sample Sets

I can't get Keyswitching to work with GPO 4 in Overture 4 and never have been able to get it to work. It's now come to my attention through reading various fora that apparently there should be a drop down box somewhere in Aria allowing you to choose between the regular sample sets and the notation sample sets, and that the notation sets don't have keyswitching. Is this correct? I don't have any such dropdown box, and the samples I have don't say Notation anywhere that I can see but I could be missing something. Where can you see what sample set you're using?

I am not sure how to proceed from here---I downloaded GPO 4 as an upgrade from the original GPO, so I have no idea where the installer is from that to try reinstalling the sample sets. Or am I just missing something completely? Frankly, I'm so lost I don't know where to start with this.

Thanks much.

Mark

Re: GPO 4 Notation vs Regular Sample Sets

It's been a long while since I upgraded to the current GPO and installed it. I do not remember exactly how one installs both the "notation" GPO and the regular GPO. It might be worth your time re-installing GPO and make sure that you click to install BOTH versions of GPO should such a choice be available to you. Your installer should be found in the designated "Download" folder that comes with your web-browser. Click on the Preference tab from within your web-browser (hopefully one exists for you) and check to see exactly where your "Download Folder" exists within your computer. For the Mac computer, it's usually found within the User Folder (or something titled similarly). For further help in finding where the web browser places downloaded files, you might want to check its own "Help" tab.

Good luck as you work to problem-solve this issue. But if you're upgrading from an older, "full version" GPO program then you should have full functionality with the newer version of GPO (which uses the Aria player).

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Re: GPO 4 Notation vs Regular Sample Sets

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt View Post
    I can't get Keyswitching to work with GPO 4 in Overture 4 and never have been able to get it to work. It's now come to my attention through reading various fora that apparently there should be a drop down box somewhere in Aria allowing you to choose between the regular sample sets and the notation sample sets, and that the notation sets don't have keyswitching. Is this correct? I don't have any such dropdown box, and the samples I have don't say Notation anywhere that I can see but I could be missing something. Where can you see what sample set you're using?

I am not sure how to proceed from here---I downloaded GPO 4 as an upgrade from the original GPO, so I have no idea where the installer is from that to try reinstalling the sample sets. Or am I just missing something completely? Frankly, I'm so lost I don't know where to start with this.

Thanks much.

Mark
    Hi Mark-

I have GPO 4 running with Finale 2012. In Aria, when I select "Play Finale through audio units" and then select "Audio units and Bank effects..." and then click on the pencil next to Garritan ARIA player (sorry, just trying to be thorough in my response), the ARIA player appears. Within ARIA, if I click on the first channel where instrument names appear, I get these options:

Empty
    Import
    Reload
    Finale Default Bank
    GPO
    Garritan Harps (this is a separate product that just came out and since I write almost exclusively for harps, this is a good one for me).

So from the above choices, you could select GPO. When you float your cursor over "GPO", you get two choices:

Notation
    Standard

If you explore the instruments, either choice provides instruments that have keyswitches, if you look carefully through the list.

In all honesty, I have not figured out how to use keyswitches successfully in Garritan Harps (I have a separate post on this topic).

I don't know if this helps, but good luck! Meg

Go Back to forum