• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free Convolution Plugin

Share/Bookmark

Re: Free Convolution Plugin

Hmmmm... Interesting... Ian, I wondered - what convultion plugins do you use? Acoustic Mirror?

Love - Chris

So far just been using a standard verb - TC Powercore classicverb. I\'ve tried Acoustic Mirror a while back but always thought that as it was a freebie thrown into soundforge that the quality wouldn\'t be up there with Altiverb...

Ian

This one (SIR) works very badly. It uses a lot of more CPU than Acoustic Mirror and wont run realtime at all.

Well. I am not a MAC user - never was - never will be. Whats the alternative for me? Acoustic Mirror? Anything else?

Love - Chris

FYI - new version of SIR is up - lower cpu load and supports 24/32 bit.

http://www.knufinke.de/sir/index_en.html

Just been experimenting with the GOS / G-Town impulses and it works great as a master effect or insert in Cubase SX. CPU load was only around 10%!

Latency is a problem using it as a send effect, but not an issue with Nuendo2 as it auto-compensates (so will SX2).

Ian

New version of SIR works WONDERFULLY (except its delay, but that is managable), and doesnt eat up that much CPU really. I could prolly run 10 instances on this P4 2.2Ghz. And it sounds great too

Ian,

Where could I find good impulse files for a stage orchestral arrangements.

I want to try Sir which seems very interesting for who want to get familiarized with convolution reverb

SergeD

Serge, try www.noisevault.com - they have impulses from Lexicon units as well as Quantec Yardstick and more.

Thanks Simon,

SergeD

Go Back to forum