• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Expert Mac Premiere help needed

Share/Bookmark
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

OT: Expert Mac Premiere help needed

Hi guys,

I\'m dashing to rehearsal, so I won\'t be replying until tomorrow morning early, but I could use some expertise, and hope someone can help me.

I am scoring a show which has been edited in Premeire on the Mac platform. I need a discrete track for each Premeire audio track, output in 24-bit WAV or AIFF, so I can complete the score, sound design, and ADR here. The editor has never exported for PC before, and I have not ever talked anyone through this from Premiere.

They have already done extensive envelope/rubberband leveling, and I want to maintain their current mix as ground zero. I suspect this means that we\'d need to do an audio mixdown for each track...so that I end up with a set of stereo stems which retain all of their mix work to date.

Can someone who is a Mac Premeire-jockey give me a stepwise rundown I can communicate to the editor? This will be much appreciated!!

Best regards,
    Bruce

Re: OT: Expert Mac Premiere help needed

Bruce,
    The only way that you\'re going to retain volume automation and handles for the audio files is if you have the capability to import their omf export. I think Nuendo has this capability, but this is really protools land. However, if you aren\'t concerned with handles and just want to take their edits as bounced files, it\'s very easy to export audio only .wav files from premiere. They do it just as though they were making a movie (the \"make movie\" command), but they should mute tracks they don\'t want mixed and select audio only in the export audio dialog.
    -Jamey

I use Premiere 6.5 on a PC and wouldn\'t think there would be much difference in the interface. If you would like to export the Premiere audio tracks to another program, you can just mute all the audio tracks except the one you want to export. Then go to File/Export Timeline/Audio and save the soundfile (wav, aif, etc.). You can adjust the settings before you save to set the bit depth/sample rate. The version I have doesn\'t support 24 bit. Do this process for each track to keep them seperate. Then you can import them into another program.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

This is what I figured. Thanks Jamey and Tim. Can\'t wait to get this thing into Vegas where I can get something done!!

Go Back to forum