• Register
  • Help

Topic: demo with Irina and demo with Sonic Implants Strings MINI

Share/Bookmark

demo with Irina and demo with Sonic Implants Strings MINI

Hi,

In the past some forum members were interested in demos of the Sonic Implants Strings Strings MINI. Below you will find links to three MP3 tryouts that uses various articulations of the SI MINI. I also included an MP3 with Irina.

The music I included here is all improvised (track by track). Please do not expect the same high quality (of composition, orchestration, etc) as the MP3 demos that are provided by other forum members. Sadly, I do not have any musical training and can only spend my free time to music making. At the positive site, I recently started taking private music lessons in which I hope to learn how to transform a musical idea to a complete musical piece. And also learn to use a metronome [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The first piece is a simple improvisation in which I used the soundfont Papelmedia_Irina_Brochin.SF2 which is provided for free by PapelMedia. The soundfont provides a multisampled female solo voice. I have used it here in a kind of choir setting which I played unisono with a pad sound from my Korg X2:
    http://users.raketnet.nl/woodwind/Irina%20Melodic%20Choir.mp3

In the next MP3, you here the SI MINI, a nun choir (from the Best Service sample library Hallelujah) and an english horn (from the XSample Vol6 Woodwinds library):
    http://users.raketnet.nl/woodwind/NewSounds.mp3

In the next MP3, I used various articulations, such as legato, pizzicato and staccato (all with release samples) from the SI MINI:
    http://users.raketnet.nl/woodwind/SonicTest2.mp3

In the last MP3, I experimented with a musical dialogue between an oboe (from the XSample library) and a flute (from the Early Patches library, also sold by Best Service). The SI-Mini strings forms a playfull background.
    http://users.raketnet.nl/woodwind/Hillside.mp3

Greetings,

Rob.

Re: demo with Irina and demo with Sonic Implants Strings MINI

I like New Sounds the most. I never realized SI Mini is that good! Nice, clear sound and the short bows are neat!

Your music has a lot of promise. You have very expressive musical lines and a sence of melodic direction which , to me, are vital tools.

Do you really have no training at all? Honest?

Please don\'t be too modest about the quality of your music. As long as you enjoy doing it, that is all that matters. If you pursue your studies well, your talent is bound to improve as you discover new techniques.

Thanks for sharing your music - keep on!

Re: demo with Irina and demo with Sonic Implants Strings MINI

Hi Nhick,

I like New Sounds the most. I never realized SI Mini is that good! Nice, clear sound and the short bows are neat!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The SI Mini has the same samples as the full version. It is only a limited version in the sense that you have less velocity levels then the full version and some articulations are missing. And the loops are shorter (don\'t ask me why they done that, seems like lots of extra work).

I like the sound of the SI Mini as they sound \"alive\". And although a legato tool is not available, the attacks are fast enough to allow for fast playing. And if you need slower attacks, you can set that through a midi message / continuous controller.

Your music has a lot of promise. You have very expressive musical lines and a sence of melodic direction which , to me, are vital tools.
    Do you really have no training at all? Honest?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks.

I really have had no training.
    At the other hand, I have improvised for about 20 years, so that compensates a bit. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    However, I find that my lack of musical education hinders me in making the next step, in creating complete pieces instead of only sketches.

As long as you enjoy doing it, that is all that matters.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That is true!

If you pursue your studies well, your talent is bound to improve as you discover new techniques.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I am already looking forward and hope to learn much from a study project which I plan to do during my two week winter holiday: entering an orchestral score in my sequencer and try to sound as close to a real orchestra as possible. The \"Pavane of the Sleeping Beauty\" from the \"Mother Goose Suite\" (is \"Ma Mere L\'Oye\" in French) from Ravel seems like a good candidate to start with.

Greetings,

Rob.

Go Back to forum