• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to perform falls with COMB2 saxes?

Share/Bookmark

How to perform falls with COMB2 saxes?

Hi everyone,

It's me again.

I wish to know how I can perform realistic note falls with COMB2 alto and tenor saxes groups?

Best,

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Re: How to perform falls with COMB2 saxes?

Quote Originally Posted by boulifb View Post
    Hi everyone,

It's me again.

I wish to know how I can perform realistic note falls with COMB2 alto and tenor saxes groups?

Best,

Fred.
    Those instruments don't have the programmed falls, doits and kisses that trumpets in JABB have. You'll need to have short strings of chromatic notes, you could try 32nds, with volume zooming down. It might work better with solo instruments layered instead of the groups. All totally theoretical, I've never tried it.

Randy

Re: How to perform falls with COMB2 saxes?

Those instruments don't have the programmed falls, doits and kisses that trumpets in JABB have. You'll need to have short strings of chromatic notes, you could try 32nds, with volume zooming down. It might work better with solo instruments layered instead of the groups. All totally theoretical, I've never tried it.
    Hi Randy.

Thanks for your answer.

Ok, so I understand that I should do very short chromatic notes following the main note and lower down the CC1 or CC2. I'll try this. I'll let you know if it's working or not.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Go Back to forum