• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: 15 New Stormdrum Demos

Share/Bookmark

15 New Stormdrum Demos

Hopefully Stormdrum will be available in the next couple of weeks. I have now posted a whole range of demos.

The first demo showcases the wide range of loops in Stormdrum.

The second demo was created by playing the GM Round Robin acoustic drumkits in Stormdrum from a midi keyboard. No eq, panning or processing was used.

The third demo is made up of loops in Stormdrum that were created by playing the multi-sampled percussion in Stormdrum from a midi keyboard. So demos 2 and 3 show you what you can do with the library, with your own 2 hands.

The rest of the demos are cues that I have written over the past year using the loops in Stormdrum. You\'ll find some EWQLSO in there as well, but not that much, because most of the pieces were done before EWQLSO. Rise of the Robots has alot of EWQLSO, Sphinx is all EWQLSO gold, Andromeda Strain is EWQLSO, Galaxy(Martian Pinball) is EWQLSO gold, and some others have a few early EWQLSO instruments like horns and some strings.

Re: 15 New Stormdrum Demos

Oh how I nead this NOW, tonight, tommorow.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nick, 3 questions

- Is there more ethnic percusion and \"trailer\" percussions, or \"normal\" drum kits? I guess there is plenty of both on 6GB eh?

- How does Intakt works? Do I have to open one instance of it for every loop I want to use?

-Will there be a \"trailer\" restriction with Stormdrum?

thanks,

Alex

My god. What a library!!! Now I like it even more. Looking foward to it... [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Great Demos, waiting to the release of this amazing library.

BTW, what\'s that sound on Alajah Madeem (the 303 like sound) ?

Nick, a lot of your demos have a E.S. Posthumus \"taste\", this is a good thing of course [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks.

Originally posted by lex:
    Oh how I nead this NOW, tonight, tommorow.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nick, 3 questions

- Is there more ethnic percusion and \"trailer\" percussions, or \"normal\" drum kits? I guess there is plenty of both on 6GB eh?

- How does Intakt works? Do I have to open one instance of it for every loop I want to use?

-Will there be a \"trailer\" restriction with Stormdrum?

thanks,

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">There is lots of multisampled drums and percussion. Over 3 gigs (3 efficient gigs)

Stormdrum comes with Kompakt and Intakt. Kompakt for multisamples and Intakt for loops. You can open 1 collection of loops in each instance of Intakt.

There is no trailer restriction on Stormdrum. It has the same liberal license agreement as most libraries for the multisampled Kompakt part and it has the typical East West drum loop license agreement for the loop part. This restricts you from sticking the loops into some music library.

Great sounding library, great demos Nick. Really enjoyed the long \"Rise of the Robots\" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Geez, those kits sound more real than anything I\'ve ever heard. One question, if I may:

Are there any possibilites of having this stuff mapped out for the Roland TD-10 vdrum kits? This would be perfect if I could easily just plug this in and play with my existing kit.
    Thanks,
    Jamey

Jamey,
    Thanks about the kits comments. I\'m really proud of them. The kits are set up in 2 different ways. You can load any snare, kick, hat, set of toms and set of cymbals and an 88 key drumkit is created. It doesn\'t matter which ones you load there is always a perfect kit created that covers 88 keys with no overlap. If you are more into speed and simplicity, there are 32 General Midi Spec kits that utilize round robin on the snare, hats and toms. These are what I used on the demo. I believe it should be very easy to adapt your midi drum kit to work with these kits because they are GM/Roland spec.
    Let me know if I am right about this.

Thanks for the reply Nick. The thing about the vdrum controllers is that in addition to note on/off information, it also transmits cc data based on where the drum pad is struck. This is a fantastic feature because you can map different samples based on cc data and based on the cc tx number, a different sample can be triggered. The performance convenience is fantastic and if you have enough samples, then it\'s feesible that you could never hear the same sample twice. Using this method, you could map many of the samples onto a single key (i.e. if you\'re using 2 keys for left and right snare or something, they could be incorporated onto one key and triggered based on strike position). It does take a bit of programming effort, which is why I asked if you had covered this. I may end up reworking the kits to respond in this manner. If I do, I\'ll send you the mapping and maybe you can incorporate them as a future update or something.
    All the best,
    Jamey

Originally posted by IOComposer:
    Geez, those kits sound more real than anything I\'ve ever heard. One question, if I may:

Are there any possibilites of having this stuff mapped out for the Roland TD-10 vdrum kits? This would be perfect if I could easily just plug this in and play with my existing kit.
    Thanks,
    Jamey
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Guess you havent heard the DFH Superior demos yet. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nonetheless, they sound great Nick.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast