• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The "Goodbye Gift" - String Quartet nr. 2 - Dedicated to the Garritan Community

Share/Bookmark

The "Goodbye Gift" - String Quartet nr. 2 - Dedicated to the Garritan Community

Dear friends,

there is no goodbye without a gift. While retired from this forum, I worked hard to get the gift ready for publication. For you all, I wrote my second string quartet. Summer is coming and I will spend those days with intensive study of musical theory, taking lessons and all necessary elements to get a better workflow. Again, you all helped me develop my mostly hidden talents and I am greatful for that. No more words, let's hear the music.

String Quartet nr. 2, Opus 28 (all MP3) - with Vienna Solo Strings (Special Edition)

Part 1 - Allegretto
    Part 2 - Adagio e molto espressione
    Part 3 - Molto allegro
    Part 4 - Scherzando (moderato)

The score is here

Greetings - we will meet again some time, hopefully you will enjoy this as much I liked writing it,

Raymond
    Last edited by Raymond62; 05-13-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: wrong score - new links set

Re: The "Goodbye Gift" - String Quartet nr. 2 - Dedicated to the Garritan Community

--I guess there was no gift with the goodbye. - Maybe we didn't start clicking soon enough? Or maybe Raymond's working on a re-mix. Time will tell!

Randy

Re: The "Goodbye Gift" - String Quartet nr. 2 - Dedicated to the Garritan Community

I managed to get a listen of this on Saturday. It was the perfect thing to listen to before settling down to a nap on a warm afternoon. I much enjoyed whatever it was, even if it was apparently the wrong version so thanks!

You already have some pretty polished technique it seems. A summer of intense study could make you quite dangerous. I expect to see a full report on "What I Learned over Summer Break." Best of luck to your endeavor!

No, it was there - just sat at 0 for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondSelf View Post
    No, it was there - just sat at 0 for a while.
    Right, the files were there for a short while. But Raymond has removed them for some reason.

Randy

Sorry guys,

because I unshared the wrong score, I also unshared the MP3 files by accident.
    I edited the original message with the links, including the score, dedicated to you all.

Raymond

After all, it wasn't the unsharing that broke the links. Without thinking of the consequences I moved the files to another location in Box.

Raymond

Raymond,I don't want to investigate about you leaving this forum.
    I see you moved to VSL, so you feel not being eligible to post your music,
    but still there's a General Discussion space here to meet you again.
    Thank you for the gift.
    And I hope you are going visit this thread again to check out our praise to your work beacuse

this quartet is extraordinary!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Thank you for fixing the links, Raymond. I'm glad I finally got to hear all of these. Your work has always been very interesting to listen to, and this Opus, with its many moods so well developed, is no exception. Even though it's been awhile since you've visited one of my own music threads, I wanted to get on to your thread since you're telling us it's your swan song.

I hope you have noticed all the responses to your last thread in General Discussion. You've gotten many well-wishes, very nice messages, even though none of us understand the logic of leaving forever because you want to work on music -- that's what we all do, and we're members of this Forum.

Just a little earlier Fabio suggested you don't feel "eligible to post your music" -- But everyone should know by now that it was agreed on almost a year ago that Music is the topic here in the LR, no matter what software we use to make our recordings. Nobody is disqualified from posting anything they want, and when there are non-Garritan instruments in a mix, it's just appreciated when those sound sources are listed to avoid confusion. Very simple, universally agreed upon guidelines. So, that can't be why you're making this exit. If that is the reason, then you're for going by rules that don't exist anymore.

Be all that as it may - Thanks, Raymond.

Randy

Fabiolcati, thank you very much.
    Randy, also many thanks. You are concerned about my reasons for this goodbye. It is not that I am using another library now (I know the altered rules), it is simply because I haven't the time to read all messages, to listen to music, you and others put in the LR.

A day has only 24 hrs and I must get some rest and free time, I must do some intensive study, I must pay attention to my wife, my son and grandson and friends and visit the necessary concerts. I have quite a collection of never-heard CD's, e.g. Philips Glass (two symphonies), Górecki (once heard but not yet assimilated), pianoworks, string quartets, downloaded scores from IMSLP (for study purposes) and a lot more. I must keep up with some historic novels, refreshing my spanish and french.

So, for a year or so I am not available for anything else. Consider this as the Californian Hotel, I just checked out for a very long time. Of course I am moved by all words form other members. Be sure, once in a while I will have a look at the forum entries.

Moved by your friendship and encouraging words,

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast