• Register
  • Help

Topic: Relaxation album track 2: Song of a Distant Love, for piano and clarinet

Share/Bookmark

Smile Relaxation album track 2: Song of a Distant Love, for piano and clarinet

I posted track one a few days ago. Track 2 is a little longer. Hope you enjoy it!

https://www.box.com/s/dc2jksweug3apio8poha

EDIT: I tried it with Alto Flute from GPO instead, and think I like it better. That version is here: https://www.box.com/s/4n9zdhk1946vgloztgxg

Best wishes to all
    Owen

Re: Relaxation album track 2: Song of a Distant Love, for piano and clarinet

Super, Owen - I'm glad you're hip to the revised Listening Room guidelines that started last year, giving us permission to post more often. It just wasn't working when everyone was waiting for pieces to sink off the first page before posting more. I timed it - often that would take months!

In any case, I'm really glad to see you here again. It's a beautiful, gentle piece. I really like the tasteful, simple piano arrangement especially.

Are you selling this album online somewhere, or thinking about doing that? I think the market for peaceful, "relaxation music" is still going strong. I wish you the best with the collection - hope you are putting it up somewhere.

Thanks, Owen. Can't get over how good it is to see you here again.

Randy

Thanks for the reply, Randy. Yes, I had seen the new rules, so thought I would be ok to post.

Glad you like the piece! Yes, I am hoping to be able to sell it when finished. My goal is one hour of music on a CD or virtual album - good for a one-hour massage! I have to confess being absolutely clueless on marketing. I have no idea where to start, so if anyone has any pointers on how to get this music to the attention of those that might enjoy it, I would be very happy to hear!

Thanks again for your unfailing support, Randy.

Best wishes to all
    Owen

I have been having a hard time finding time to listen to everything lately and I am trying to catch up. I am sure glad I was able to listen to this. This is a really soothing, tranquil piece which seems to accomplish with me what you have set out to do. I know have to bring myself back to the world around me.

RichardMc: Thanks for listening. Glad that it seems that I'm on the right lines with this project. Hope I didn't put you to sleep!

I like both versions. Nice work.

On my earphones I hear the left hand of the piano panned to the left, the right hand to the right, and the solo instrument in the center. I thought the effect was very good but one would not hear this in a live performance. I think getting the best aesthetic effect possible is more important than trying to fake a live performance. Thanks for sharing it.

Norman

Norman: Thanks for your comment. I hadn't thought of that, but yes, since I used the Under The Lid perspective, it would be panned like that. Well, perhaps the soloist can be sitting on the piano lid! Anyway, if you don't think it sounds disconcerting like that, I guess there's not much to be gained by panning the soloist.

Thanks for the listen!

Hi Owen,

Not sure I have heard your music before but this is quite lovely. I much prefer the alto flute on this. It matches the mood you are trying to achieve here much better, lending that mystic, longing quality to the piece.

Also impressed with the dialog between the piano and the flute. They really are having a quiet conversation together, each distinct but work together beautifully for an overall fluent sound.

Such a calming and eloquent piece of music. Much enjoyed.

Cass

That was peaceful and touching Owen.

I haven't been to a masseuse in 30+ years so I don't know if they play purchased music now or use an internet radio subscription type of service without interruptions. I guess you need to figure out the business model for this genre of music if there is one. Maybe approach them individually with samples of your music if you live in a urban area and if it's practical.

Phil

Cass: Many thanks for your observations, and for saying which one you prefer. I think I am going to go with the alto flute, even though it has the rather odd feature of vibrato in the higher register and not in the lower. Maybe that's how the instrument has to be played - I don't think I've ever actually seen one!

Phil: Thanks for the encouragement. My mother in law is a massage therapist, and uses CDs still - her clients pick which one they want to hear, or bring their own. I am going to see if she'd be a guinea pig.

Go Back to forum