• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT:Logic and EXS forums

Share/Bookmark

OT:Logic and EXS forums

Hi,

What are the good forums for Logic and EXS24?

Thanks,

Rob

Re: OT:Logic and EXS forums

Yes, SonikMatter is a good forum, but the best for Logic and EXS are the Yahoo groups:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/logic-users/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exs-users/

Thanks a lot Ned and Hasen...very helpful.
    Both forums are cool but the aggressive advertising at yahoo is a major turnoff for me, it dwarfs all other content.
    ..but it\'s good to know where to turn for the helpful info.

Rob

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how good Logic is for scoring to picture? I love DP\'s ability for tempo changes, meter changes and overall quicktime handling. I\'ve had it up to here with MOTU and their sloppy release schedule so I\'m really thinking of moving onto Logic.

Ideally I\'d love to hear from people who have used both platforms and see how they compare.

Originally posted by midphase:
    Would someone be kind enough to tell me how good Logic is for scoring to picture? I love DP\'s ability for tempo changes, meter changes and overall quicktime handling. I\'ve had it up to here with MOTU and their sloppy release schedule so I\'m really thinking of moving onto Logic.

Ideally I\'d love to hear from people who have used both platforms and see how they compare.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve recently switched back to Logic from DP. I know both really well. To be honest, DP does handle scoring to picture better. There\'s nothing like Find Tempo in Logic for example. Logic is perfectly workable though and the new Movie Track and video output to Firwire in Logic 6 may even things out. The movie track in DP\'s Sequence Editor was unusable for me. I could never understand why I could see frames before the start time of the movie!!!!

Logic 6 is out mid Feb I think so I might be able to give a better answer then.

Sorry, haven\'t used Performer for years...but score to picture in Logic every day and it\'s a joy.

I have a screenset devoted to quicktime so I can toggle back and forth between different working environments with the press of a key.
    There\'s lots of ways to configure things to suit your method of working.

Rob

switching is hard. going from SVP to DP was rough. I couldn\'t quit SVP cold turkey because I was so used to using it. I find myself still using SVP as a scrtch pad and in some cases using SVP as primary MIDI and DP3 for audio. SVP MIDI files don\'t translate very well in DP3, so I do need to kick the SVP habit. perhaps gum or patches. maybe I\'ll ditch them all along with OS9 for Logic6/OSX, I really like the freeze option.

A quick note to rob who mentioned the annoying advertising at Yahoo groups.

I agree, it\'s a pain - so why not do what I do and just sign up for the digest? that way you can stay current with the latest and greatest tips n\' tricks, and not have to click \"continue to message\" over and over again while some doofus tries to sell you a mortgage/hair-cream/sexual enhancement device...

cheers.

timby

Thank you all for the great insights. I think I\'ll switch to Logic 6 as soon as it\'s released.

I think I can live with the lack of a find tempo, plus DP lost part of that cool feature in version 3.

One of the things I am concerned about is having to convert all of my DP files into SMF to be able to import them into Logic. I wish Logic could import DP files but I suppose that infringes on MOTU\'s copyright.

I really don\'t know anyone around here who uses Logic right off the bat...I think I\'m sold on it already, and if I can manage to switch in between projects I\'ll have a bit of time to adjust to the new environment.

For the most part I am concerned about anything that constitutes a serious problem or issue when working with Video, but apparently there are no major issues in Logic....cool!

Go Back to forum