• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Angel Tara

Share/Bookmark

Angel Tara

Here is another composition I finished the other day. It is a new arrangement of an old composition which wasn't really complete. After opening it up again and working with it I got it done the way it was meant to be. It is another piano and string piece created for the memories of Tara. Originally, the composition had no dynamics and was using True Pianos and Miroslav Philharmonic Orchestra for the strings.

Libraries Used:
    - GPO (Lush Cello Section)
    - Black Grand Piano (Sampletekk)

Regards,

Richard

Re: Angel Tara

Hey Richard! This is a nicely understated gentle piece. I like it. The sampletekk piano sounds good. I have heard of it but never heard how it sounded. Thanks for posting. Jay

@Jay:
    Thanks for listening to the composition, I am glad you enjoyed it. Sampletekk has some quality instruments. I am thinking of purchasing some more of their piano libraries, they released the Blue Grand piano just recently. Their 7 seas piano sounds pretty great too.

@Randy:
    Thanks Randy, I am doing great! LOE is progressing well, and Graham is kindly helping me out with compositions for LOE which is also going to speed up things allowing me to focus more on design.

I am currently trying to do a video with speech and explaining the game, but its tough when all you have is a vocal mic where you have to hold it .

Sorry for the lack of upbeat music in my own compositions. I compose these basically to re-live the memories, it makes me happy keeping the memories of her fresh.

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    ...Thanks Randy, I am doing great! LOE is progressing well, and Graham is kindly helping me out with compositions for LOE which is also going to speed up things allowing me to focus more on design.

I am currently trying to do a video with speech and explaining the game, but its tough when all you have is a vocal mic where you have to hold it...
    OK, Richard, glad you feel OK. And I noticed in earlier posts that Graham is helping you out - That is really super!

OH man, nooo, you can't do the voice over for video holding a mike in your hand. You must get one of these - This is like what I have, only this one's a lot shorter. But you clamp your mike in there, set it up where it's convenient in your studio, and you'll get Much better recordings, and with much less hassle.

Randy

Thanks Randy!!! If ONLY it was available as a digital download :P I was actually thinking of getting an entire new headset until you brought this up. Would be a shame since my mic is pretty good and it is a sony.

I think I got one in mind:
    http://www.shop.ca/c/adjustable-desk...FVQFMgodfg8Atg

Thanks Randy!!! If ONLY it was available as a digital download :P I was actually thinking of getting an entire new headset until you brought this up. Would be a shame since my mic is pretty good and it is a sony.

I think I got one in mind..(img)
    Hey that looks slick! Definitely a newer, more high tech design than what I have.

I'm trying spend your money, Richard - hehehe - You've been using a headset?-- Is that what the microphone is from?

Here - get yourself a Real Man's microphone! This is very much like the AKG I've had for years. Condenser mike with a clearer sound than a dynamic mike, and with XLR plugs - Do you have a sound interface for your work? Those usually have XLR mike inputs, and phantom power for condensers:

There ya go! That and the stand - You would be set for Anything!

EDIT: Here's the product info:

AKG C 535 EB at Sweetwater

Randy

Ahhh, that looks pretty, but... i'd have to break the piggy bank for that one :P!

Sorry, I meant im using an actual mic (holding vocal one from sony) and I was thinking of buying a new mic that is a headset one whic hwouldnt be good as the vocal one, but I never though of actually getting a stand until you brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hey that looks slick! Definitely a newer, more high tech design than what I have.

I'm trying spend your money, Richard - hehehe - You've been using a headset?-- Is that what the microphone is from?

Here - get yourself a Real Man's microphone! This is very much like the AKG I've had for years. Condenser mike with a clearer sound than a dynamic mike, and with XLR plugs - Do you have a sound interface for your work? Those usually have XLR mike inputs, and phantom power for condensers:

There ya go! That and the stand - You would be set for Anything!

EDIT: Here's the product info:

AKG C 535 EB at Sweetwater

Randy

Ahhh, that looks pretty, but... i'd have to break the piggy bank for that one :P!

Sorry, I meant im using an actual mic (holding vocal one from sony) and I was thinking of buying a new mic that is a headset one whic hwouldnt be good as the vocal one, but I never though of actually getting a stand until you brought it up.
    Right, that is a pretty pricey mike I showed you. It's more mike than you need. You could get one that would suit you perfectly well still in the pro category for around $100, and that still isn't cheap.

I wouldn't recommend getting a headset with a cheesy little mike in it. Get the stand so you won't have to hold your Sony. - But if you do any voice recording, it really is good to have a decent mike. I did some editing for an online radio show group, putting together recordings the volunteer actors did on their own, and the quality varied so much. Too many of them are using cheesy mikes that have a really bad sound that can't be fixed.

Whatever you use for your voice overs, just be nice and close, but avoid talking directly into it - It's a drag to try fixing pops and plosives. Do re-takes, as many as you need, to avoid takes with wind noise and pops. Then slice it up and edit it to perfection in your recording program. Rolling bass off, boosting some highs will help with the crappy dull sound in an inexpensive mike.

Randy

THanks for the tips Randy. This vocal stuff is new to me, we discussed a little while ago and I played with settings bit, but I haven't got to serious with voice. Going forward I wan't all my trailer's to have voice and speech... really makes it easy to explain things than my ***Typing*** lol! So, I will defimitely put these tips you gave me to good use. Well, as I wait for my stand to arrive! I have something a little custom for the time being. It's nothing fancy but you know... it may work for now LOL. Below is my custom mic stand made from a hard drive box

If I get really serious with the voice, such has singing, which I want to do... I will definitely invest in a more expensive mic. The one you showed me looked pretty flexible, but I\ll have to check out some of the 100ish ranged mics.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast