• Register
  • Help

Topic: First track of my new relaxation album, for piano and clarinet

Share/Bookmark

First track of my new relaxation album, for piano and clarinet

Greetings all! This is Owen back after a veeeery long absence. (Had some major health difficulties, but glad to say I'm doing so much better now.)

Nice to see the forum active again!

I've started work on a project I've wanted to do for a long time - an album of music for relaxation and stress reduction. The first track is a reworking of something I posted a long time ago here. I have redone it to make it, hopefully, a more relaxing arrangement. Clarinet is from GPO, piano is Authorized Steinway, under-lid perspective.

Listen to it here:

https://www.box.com/s/nx36lhngkgcm02wt4x0c

Best wishes to all,
    Owen

Re: First track of my new relaxation album, for piano and clarinet

Your piano, clarinet piece was quite relaxing and also I think reflective that takes it beyond just mood music.

It sounds like it will be a nice album to listen to in the evening for winding down with a drink or herbal tea or just anytime.

It's great to see you posting music at the Garritan forum Owen.

Phil

This does have a very calming effect. I liked the soothing feeling I got from it. Thanks for letting me hear it. Jay

OOOOOOOOOooowen! Hot Damn it's great to see you here again - Not good news as to why you've been gone, but good news that you're on the mend.

And more music like what you've posted here would help put anybody on the mend. This is short, but very very sweet, really nice. Did you EQ the piano to have a slightly more mellow, semi-muted sound?

Love this - Hope you come back soon with more.

You've made my day here on the Forum, seeing you back in the fold.

Randy

Very relaxing indeed. The Clarinet is very nice. I look forward to hearing the other tracks.

Thank you all for the warm welcome back! You are all so great.

I am hoping to post track 2 from the album tomorrow (ok, it's technically already tomorrow, but I mean after I sleep!)

If anyone is interested, I also posted the track to YouTube, adapted for its lively ASMR community (google that term if you've never heard of it - it's very interesting). You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EajKArTKK3U

Phil: I appreciate your comment. I believe that relaxation music doesn't have to just be wallpaper - I wanted to write music that could be listened to for its own sake. Glad you found it so!

Jay: "Soothing" is exactly what I was going for, so very happy to hear it worked at least in your case! Thanks for listening and commenting.

Randy: Well, what can I say? I see that you have never ceased to be the fountain of all encouragement for fellow musicians. Thanks for the kind comments. I'm sooooo glad to be feeling better now, and happy to be back. Glad you liked the track. You are correct about the EQ - nothing gets by you now, does it?! Personally, I find the higher frequencies to be disruptive to relaxation, so I wanted to minimize the sharpness. I also did the same with the clarinet, but to a lesser degree since it seemed to lose some of its realism if I did too much.

RichardMc: Thanks for letting me know you found it relaxing. I actually wasn't sure about using the clarinet - I had tried it with flute at first. A more realistic sound, but too strident for relaxation I found. Thanks for listening and commenting.

Go Back to forum