• Register
  • Help

Topic: Selections from The Jungle Book

Share/Bookmark

Selections from The Jungle Book

A good while ago I posted the suite to my Jungle Book soundtrack from Booktrack. Here's one of the full tracks, and there's a few more on the channel itself.

The full list of what was used is:
    Garritan Instant Orchestrata - various percussion
    Cinematic Strings 2 - Strings
    Symphobia 1 - woodwinds
    CineBrass - brass
    Epic Word - various ethnic flutes
    Albion Spitfire - various percussion and some strings

www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Selections from The Jungle Book

Graham,

Really nice to hear one of your full tracks from this wonderful collection. I play your montage from the Jungle Book that you posted awhile back quite regularly. I really love your main theme of that opus which you play at the beginning and end of the montage.

It's nice to hear this track in its entirety. I really like the use of all the unison instruments overlaid with percussion in certain sections. It sets this track off nicely.

Thanks for the additional post this wonderful piece of music.

Cass

Cheers Cass and Randy. I hope to one day revisit this soundtrack and do some work on various elements. Whole thing was composed and produced in less than 2 weeks so there's elements I would like to polish off once other commitments have been met.

Cass, glad you enjoy the suite so much. The theme you mention is mainly present in this piece below. And for the suite the ending rise was added, it didn't even appear in the main soundtrack, I felt the suite needed that ending though.

www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Graham,

Thanks for the link to the entire piece of this theme. Love it!!

One of the reasons I love your music so much is that you have a incredible talent for writing lyrical "catchy" melodies. I truly believe that great melody writing is a God given prowess that you either possess ....or not.

Not to say one can't become a great composer without great melodic capacity, there are many examples to prove this can be so. But great melody writing in itself is really hard to learn. It can be learned to a degree, adequately so, but truly great melodies just "happen" when you sit down to write. And I love that aspect of music because it is so non-technical and.....well, magical!

Anyway, I'm happy to say you have this melodic gift in spades!! I really look forward to your work!!!

Cass

Go Back to forum