• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Tired of waiting for GIGAStudio 3

Share/Bookmark

Tired of waiting for GIGAStudio 3

To be honest, I find that the new version of Gigastudio is really taking too long.
    Most other software haven\'t got such a long time between version upgrades.

Re: Tired of waiting for GIGAStudio 3

Its sure been ages. But it\'ll come out whenever, probably with a load of features that leaves everybody salivating like a mad alsation and jumping on the Gigastudio bandwagon once more. If they don\'t deliver they wont sell. Simple. You wont have lost anything.

>> If they don\'t deliver they wont sell. Simple.

I totally agree.

I waited for a year...and then GPO came along and \'forced\' me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] to go Kontakt! I\'m so gutted [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Will Kontakt_V3 and GSv3 be slugging it out at NAAM and FRANKFURT?

The Tascam UK price for the Gigapulse is tentatively pencilled in at £229 TBC ($390) in December\'s \'Computer Music\' magazine.

People on this forum have spookulated that this will be part of the main GS3....seems reasonable. Assuming that they will charge something for the rest of GS3 software then it looks as if GS will again be priced out of reach (in the UK at least) from the average chaps (guys). Great news, again, for the niche \'professionals\' and the pirates, I\'m sure.

Another intriguing rumour in CM, while were spookulating, is that a very high profile company is working on a new sequencer. Could this be integrated into GS3?...wouldn\'t surprise me...... Actually NOTHING would surprise me! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Someone on this forum (can\'t remember the name [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )did say that GSv3 may not be in the expected form.

There is also spookulation that the, not untalented, Propellerheads are coming out with something big.

What with Vocaloid etc this seems to be going to be a vintage NAAM and FRANKFURT for us Software Freaks.

I\'d be surprised if EMU/Creative didn\'t do something too they hinted at a software sampler in a newletter last March. The EMU hardware market must be suffering.

Frank
    --------------------------------------
    \"IRRITATING MESSAGE WITHELD\"

I\'m thinking GS3 might be a complete new DAW that will compete directly with Cubase/Logic etc. After all, the big DAW guys (Cubase/Emagic/Sonar/DP3) all have a dedicated sampler to go with their sequencer...so it seems logical that Giga could do the reverse..have a dedicated sequencer to go with thier sampler.

One thing\'s for sure, it better be big. After all the anticipation and speculation, they\'re going to be literally laughed at it they deliver something less than spectacular...

I wish them luck even though they have pissed me off by shutting off all communication and support to their customers.

I have a strong hunch that one of the reasons GS3 is taking so long is that there must be substantial hardware development involved.

Also, maybe even a \'different\' operating system designed specifically for GS. Good-bye Microsoft?

This is clearly no mere \'tweaking, add some new features\' project. I suspect GS3\'s scope will go far beyond conventional thinking.

Trond

Originally posted by dnortana:
    I have a strong hunch that one of the reasons GS3 is taking so long is that there must be substantial hardware development involved.

Also, maybe even a \'different\' operating system designed specifically for GS. Good-bye Microsoft?

This is clearly no mere \'tweaking, add some new features\' project. I suspect GS3\'s scope will go far beyond conventional thinking.

Trond
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think that\'s a wrong bet. Haven\'t you heard? Hardware is out! Akai isn\'t selling samplers anymore.

------------
    Alex Cremers

He he he ...

I didn\'t say sampler. I\'m thinking much bigger, broader.

In any event, it\'s all just idle speculation until GS3 drops out of the sky.

Trond

Have any of the Alpa testers hinted at this idea that Tascams gigastudio 3.0 will also incorperate a sequencer/digital recorder?
    If that is what Tascam is planning , that is quite a undertaking and would explain the long wait.
    I think it would be very dificult to come out with a new squencer this late in the game and compete with other sequencers with a strong user base and years of experiance in writing and perfecting seuencer software.

The only new features that Im sure 3.0 will implement is
    1.The ability to use VST plugins[forget about NFX]
    2.24/96 or 24/192 capability.

P.S.
    I hope 3.0 includes acoustic modeling .

Hmmm it be nice if they did come out with a stripped down version of Windows that only runs Giga on your machine. Certainly help to make it almost crashproof and faster. Since a lot of people run Giga on seperate machines, this certainly would make sense. Make it a literal Giga Machine.

Nice dream at least. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] You certainly can get Windows from Microsoft like this though for development.

Devon

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast