• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: Ebb and flow

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Ebb and flow

    Here is a new orchestral piece I made with Garritan Personal Orchestra. I also used a tiny bit of "Instant orchestra" on some of the more lyrical string melodies in this piece. It starts out with a mournful and sweet lmelody and ends with a grand finale. Thanks for listening.

    https://soundcloud.com/grep101/ebban...cessed-version
    Halvor


  2. #2

    Re: Ebb and flow

    This is a very pleasant piece to listen to. You had some very effective builds with dynamics and instrumentation. The finale at the end was also very effective. Excellent work with the Garritan samples and the mix was well done.
    Thanks for posting. Jay

  3. #3

    Re: Ebb and flow

    Halvor, this is gorgeous. It's really nice to hear such a thoroughly developed example of modern classical music here in the LR. The orchestration is so lush and informed in its construction, the themes are beautiful, and the rendering is wonderful. I'm a big fan.

    Randy

  4. #4

    Re: Ebb and flow

    Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    This is a very pleasant piece to listen to. You had some very effective builds with dynamics and instrumentation. The finale at the end was also very effective. Excellent work with the Garritan samples and the mix was well done.
    Thanks for posting. Jay
    Thanks for commenting, Jay. I'm glad you enjoyed the piece. Some of the melodic lines are perhaps a bit sentimental and cliché and the ending is certainly over the top, but then I'm usually happy if I can make effective clichés.
    Halvor


  5. #5

    Re: Ebb and flow

    This piece is really nice. I really like the orchestration, it is so artfully done. I do not think the ending is over the top. It fits nicely and finishes the piece with grace.

  6. #6

    Re: Ebb and flow

    Halvor,


    Doesn’t seem to me that many people now a days can create what use to be known as “effective clichés” because these effective clichés became clichés for a reason in the first place, they were darn good! ; and they had an effect on humanity that made them darn good!


    Hence, I don’t see it, as others might, as a negative connotation if it came up. The whole work is very satisfying. The rendering was astonishingly effective.


    Enjoyed very much,


    Cass

  7. #7

    Re: Ebb and flow

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Halvor, this is gorgeous. It's really nice to hear such a thoroughly developed example of modern classical music here in the LR. The orchestration is so lush and informed in its construction, the themes are beautiful, and the rendering is wonderful. I'm a big fan.Randy
    Thanks for the nice feedback, Randy! I appreciate it a lot. Stylistically the piece might be a bit uneven, but all in all I'm reasonably satisfied with the composition. One think I'm really struggling with though, is the balancing of the tracks and the final mix. I would be grateful If someone has any suggestions for improvements, both regarding the rendering and the composition orchestration itself.
    Halvor


  8. #8

    Re: Ebb and flow

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    This piece is really nice. I really like the orchestration, it is so artfully done. I do not think the ending is over the top. It fits nicely and finishes the piece with grace.
    Thanks for commenting, Richard. I'm really glad you thought the ending was serving its purpose.
    Halvor


  9. #9

    Re: Ebb and flow

    Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Halvor,


    Doesn’t seem to me that many people now a days can create what use to be known as “effective clichés” because these effective clichés became clichés for a reason in the first place, they were darn good! ; and they had an effect on humanity that made them darn good!


    Hence, I don’t see it, as others might, as a negative connotation if it came up. The whole work is very satisfying. The rendering was astonishingly effective.


    Enjoyed very much,


    Cass
    What you write here about the “effective clichés” really makes a lot of sense. Thanks for listening and all the nice words.
    Halvor


Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •