• Register
  • Help

Topic: Have I cracked it?

Share/Bookmark

Have I cracked it?

I\'ve just noticed that the Tascam PCI-822 audio card was previously bundled with Gigasampler LE. The new deal is that it is being bundled with GigaStudio 96. Does this mean that GS96 will become the replacement for LE? That might just start to give us an idea of the way that the forthcoming v3 will be positioned relative to the old v2.5 (whenever it comes). Maybe, even the GigaStudio name will seem as quaint as Gigasampler does now.

Dammit, I\'ve been sucked into the futile speculation game....What a waste of time! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I really must get a life.

BTW, it may be that Tascam is waiting for the main music show in Frankfurt, Europe before they release v3.

Finally, does anyone know if this card is any good in comparison to Audiophile 2496, MIA, Delta 410? I don\'t believe I have seen a review of it. Sorry, wrong forum.....

Re: Have I cracked it?

Originally posted by Hardy Heern:
    I\'ve just noticed that the Tascam PCI-822 audio card was previously bundled with Gigasampler LE. . . . Dammit, I\'ve been sucked into the futile speculation game....What a waste of time! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I really must get a life.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think you may be on to something here. If you convert PCI into a number where A=1 and Z=26, you get 28. Now, 822/28 = 29.357 Using accepted Enron accounting mathematics (rounding up and dividing by 10) you get 3.0!!!!

Well, I\'m wanted back on planet Earth so I\'ve got to run. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I enjoyed that CS but you have made an error. If my understanding of Enronesque Accounting Mathematics is correct your rounding up is fine but the division by 10 is incorrect. The result you obtained should be hidden and only revealed during a later investigation. Even then there are numbers that must always remain hidden as they are to a very high power.

Frank

Really , you are an idiot [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

> Does this mean that GS96 will become the replacement for LE?

That happend a long time ago...

\"Does this mean that GS96 will become the replacement for LE?\"

\" That happened a long time ago... \"

Yeah, but I haven\'t seen GS96 bundled like a \'cheapo\' before...

Go Back to forum