• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO 4 Solo violin - range and effects ?!

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO 4 Solo violin - range and effects ?!

Hello, I have Finale 2012 with the Garritan-Instruments and there is no possibility to play flageolets and/or high notes with the solo violin (tchaikovsky-concerto). Before buying it - is this possible with the GPO4-violin (for example the Stradivari) ? Is there any instrumental-list with the ranges and possible effects ? Thank you in advance, Scipio

Re: GPO 4 Solo violin - range and effects ?!

Hello Scipo1 - The strings in GPO, including the solo strings, don't have harmonic samples included. As for range, all the violins have the same range, which is up to to 4th C above middle C.

Here are the articulations available with keyswitches located below the playable range:

B = Playable whole-step trills
    A# = Playable whole-step muted trills
    A = Playable trills with half-step as default (intervals selectable with CC#15)
    G# = Playable half-step muted trills as default (intervals selectable with CC#15)
    G = Playable tremolo
    F# = Playable tremolo mute
    F = Pizzicato
    E = Downbows
    D# = Upbows
    D = Automatically alternating up and downbows
    C# = Sustain mute (legato with sustain pedal)
    C = Sustain (legato with sustain pedal)

Randy

Oh, thank you. This is very helpful !

But - with what can I play the flageolets ? Are there any other good VST-samples or violin to buy somewhere ? ...and to use with Finale ?!! Or another possibility ?

Unfortunately, I am just a beginner and don't know many functions.

Regards,
    Scipio

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 View Post
    ...with what can I play the flageolets ? Are there any other good VST-samples or violin to buy somewhere ? ...and to use with Finale ?!!...
    Garritan Instant Orchestra has string harmonics in its long list of instruments. Here's the page of information about IO - looking through the list you'll several "flavors" of harmonics available.

Garritan Instant Orchestra

Randy

Go Back to forum