• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Solo Cello - ala PocketBlakus

Share/Bookmark

Solo Cello - ala PocketBlakus

For those of us who can no longer get the Garritan Cello, the Pocket Blakus is the closest thing I have heard to reproducing that dramatic instrument. Anyways, the Cello is one of my favorite instruments--it seems to pierce into the soul.

Unnamed -- Solo Cello (live playing with out edits; there is a short silence at the beginning).

Jim

Re: Solo Cello - ala PocketBlakus

Solo cello can certainly lend itself to a melancholic mood, as in this very nicely done piece from you, Jim.

And it's so true that the Garritan Gofriller Cello and the Garritan Stradivari Violin were two incredible milestones in the history of software instruments. The Cello was easier to control than the Violin - it's less sensitive to velocity, making live performance more possible. The Stradivari started sliding around with velocities anything less than high - But they were both equally beautiful, truthful sounding instruments.

Thanks much, Jim.

Randy

Jim! This piece lays out a tranquil mood throughout. I enjoyed it. I had not heard of the pocketblakus but it sounds good. I was lucky to buy the garritan gofriller before it was discontinued. That has a wonderful sound that I have been happy with. Your pocketblakus has some similar sounds to it. A very nice piece. Thanks for the post. Jay

Very nice, you did a great job with that cello. I have it too, but confess to having failed to really use it much at all. Free or otherwise it's a great instrument.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

I enjoyed listening to this piece. You made a slow solo piece very interesting to listen to. Very expressive.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    ...the Pocket Blakus...
    --Another instrument that only works in the full (read: expensive) Kontakt. Dang I wish more people programmed for ARIA!

Randy

Well, I hear you Randy. However, there is a small bonus. Kontakt provides a full product cross grade ($249) for most people who have Kontakt 2 products of which many Garritan products used including JABB for Kontakt 2.

Well, I hear you Randy. However, there is a small bonus. Kontakt provides a full product cross grade ($249) for most people who have Kontakt 2 products of which many Garritan products used including JABB for Kontakt 2.
    And you mean Kontakt Player 2 - not the full Kontakt 2?
    R

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    And you mean Kontakt Player 2 - not the full Kontakt 2?
    R
    The kontakt player is free. And the cross grade from older garritan product allows you to get the full kontakt product for $249.

The kontakt player is free. And the cross grade from older Garritan product allows you to get the full kontakt product for $249.
    Thanks, Jim - Right, I know KP2 is free, it's what I used for the first year or so of having GPO, and now I still use it for the Gofriller and Stradivari, and sometimes I use the later version 4. I was just not clear if this upgrade price was for people with the free Player or if an earlier full Kontakt was needed. - $250, it's of course a good price for such a full featured sample player. Still not in my budget, but glad NI is offering that.

AND--I'll say again, I sure wish more people were developing instruments for ARIA--!

Randy

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast