• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The lovely lady Kate (classical guitar)

Share/Bookmark

The lovely lady Kate (classical guitar)

I wrote this for my wife Kate. It uses Ilya Efimov guitar library. Please give a listen
    Thanks, Jay.

www.jesse.us.com/lady.mp3

Re: The lovely lady Kate (classical guitar)

Wonderful piece. I like the main theme especially. The arpeggiation is very interesting. I can't tell without a score but it sounds as though you might need two guitars to perform it.

Beautiful! I am an old man, so, while I was listening to your compositions, I could not intelligently comment on them, they were too young for me. But this piece is beautiful, the guitar(s) sound very true, your rendering is great.
    Played it three times and liked it more and more..
    Kate must be a happy woman....and you must love her very much...

Ted

Hey Richard! I am glad that you liked my classical guitar piece. I take great care in making sure the my classical guitar pieces are playable for one guitar. If you listen to it again, you will hear that the arpeggios don't always ring out because I had to shorten the length of some notes so it could be played, yet still have an arpeggio feel to it.

Ted! My wife did enjoy this piece of music, and I am glad that you did also. The library that I am using on this is the best nylon string library on the market imho.

Thanks to you both for listening and commenting. Jay

Very nice! I especially appreciate the depth of realism that you achieved.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    I wrote this for my wife Kate. It uses Ilya Efimov guitar library. Please give a listen
    Thanks, Jay.

www.jesse.us.com/lady.mp3
    Simply wonderful, Jay - My wife's name is also Kate, so I told her you wrote it for her.

Alas - I looked up info on the Ilya Efimov guitar - It's only for the full Kontakt. I sure wish more people were producing Libraries for ARIA.

Very beautiful composition equally beautiful in its rendering. Congrats, Jay.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    If you listen to it again, you will hear that the arpeggios don't always ring out because I had to shorten the length of some notes so it could be played, yet still have an arpeggio feel to it.
    I thought I might be hearing that but I wasn't certain. Well done.

Very lovely and very good. Is there a change that you introduce the sound of "sliding fingers along the strings", then it wil be more realistic. As I remember well, the guitar in JABB has that possibility. But as presented here, it is worth listening to it more than once.

Raymond

Hey Larry! Thanks. I am very pleased with the Ilya Efimov library. With just a little work with it, a pretty good realistic sound can be achieved.

Randy! I actually did write it for your wife Kate but I just told my wife Kate that it was for her. I thought maybe I might score. I didn't. My wife just would'nt have any part of me. Oh well. I love this library. Another excellent library is RealGuitar.

Raymond! I am pleased that you liked it. There are always more articulation to be explored to make things sound more realistic. It is just a matter of time that I need to spend with the software.

Thanks to you all for listening and commenting. Jay

Love the sound of the classical guitar, this is just stunning. Great melody. The tiniest bit more reverb would be great (personal choice I suppose).

Love the sound, only seems to be missing a fret slide, though perhaps that wouldn't occur playing this piece? I know little about proper guitar playing. Just super!
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast