• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: USB Church Organs articulations uploaded (for Luigi, et al.)

Share/Bookmark

USB Church Organs articulations uploaded (for Luigi, et al.)

As promised I have uploaded onto my website some articulation files for USB Church Organs. They are still far from perfect; some more tweeking may be necessary. Treat this as a trial version, to be followed by a fuller version later. To download these files, right click on this link and \"save target as file\":

http://www.buist.org/david/USBChOrgs.exe

This is a self-extracting RAR file. To unpack it double click on the icon and follow the instructions on the screen. You should end up with a folder called \"USBChOrgs\". This contains two subfolders called \"Lavaur\" and \"Merignac\". In the Lavaur folder there are articulation files for all the patches of the Organ of La Cathedrale Saint Alain de Lavaur. These articulations should work with the default file names assigned by the GigaStudio S-Converter.

Before converting the files from the Akai disk, there is one very important thing you must do. Click on \"Settings\" in the upper left pane of the GS window. Next click on the \"S-Converter\" tab, and uncheck where it says \"interleave stereo files\". When you convert the files you should get a Giga instrument consisting of two mono layers instead of a single stereo dimension. The sample files with names ending in \"L\" should be in the first dimension and those ending in \"R\" should be in the second dimension. Sorry if this sounds pedantic. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I said that the articulations should work with the default file names assigned by the S-Converter. There is however a slight problem in that my OS is the Japanese version of Windows 98SE. This OS has the unfortunate habit of altering or adding strange Japanese characters to file names. In the case of the Lavaur files I don\'t think there should be any problem. However, the Merignac files (patches for the Organ of Eglise Saint Vincent de Merignac) might not work properly, because the file names I have are all rather weird. I have uploaded only a small selection of the patches for the Merignac organ, as follows:

A02 Principal
    E03 Plein Jeux Grand Orgue
    F01 Cromourne
    G07 Posaume Pedalier

Please let me know if these work OK and then I will upload the rest of the files.

There is just one more point: always use the largest of the Akai files to convert (version #S in the case of Lavaur, and version A in the case of Merignac).

Have Fun [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] !

Re: USB Church Organs articulations uploaded (for Luigi, et al.)

Thanks David. Why did USB stop producing this library by the way (C\'est dommage).

Originally posted by Luigi:
    Why did USB stop producing this library by the way (C\'est dommage).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Oui, c\'est dommage. I don\'t know why they stopped producing it. On doit poser cette question a USB!

Have you been able to apply my articulations? Do they work on your system?

The file names don\'t look weird on my computer, there are no Japanese characters. I didn\'t have the time to try them already.

I received a short answer of USB why they stopped Chuch Organ Vers.2: \"Church Organ is Stopped for a virtual instrument\".

Originally posted by Luigi:
    I received a short answer of USB why they stopped Chuch Organ Vers.2: \"Church Organ is Stopped for a virtual instrument\".
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Any idea what this means?

Lawrence

Non, je ne sais pas ce que ca veut dire.

Not sure what the French means. However, I\'m wondering if \"\"Church Organ is Stopped for a virtual instrument\".\" means that they have stopped selling the sample CD-ROM because they intend to release the organ as a ROMPLER, using for example the UVI engine. (For example, like recent product releases from Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, etc.

Did you get the impression from them that that is the direction they are heading?

And if that is their intention, I\'m not sure what the advantages would be, but time will tell, I suppose.

I\'m still searching for cost efficient and interface effiecient solution to add pipe organ sounds to the pipe organ I play.

Thanks,

Lawrence

I said that I also don\'t know what the message of USB means. It was a very short reply of them on my question why they had stopped Church Organ Version 2.

OK. Thanks. We\'ll just have to keep our eyes on them, and see what happens in the future.

Lawrence

Go Back to forum