• Register
  • Help

Topic: Capriccio Strepito

Share/Bookmark

Capriccio Strepito

I discovered this piece while looking over some old scores that might need editing. I wrote it in 1989 and then forgot about it, as I have often done.

Very lively and exciting.

Mp3 uses Garritan Steinway and Fatar midi controller.

Capriccio Strepito

Richard

Re: Capriccio Strepito

I would like to hear this piece but I can't seem to get Scorch to download so that I can listen to it. I have heard some of your pieces in the past. Is this a new way that you are presenting them? Sibelius' Scorch is not installed on my Windows 7 and there are no directions on the install page for anything newer in OS than Windows Vista.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I would like to hear this piece but I can't seem to get Scorch to download so that I can listen to it. I have heard some of your pieces in the past. Is this a new way that you are presenting them? Sibelius' Scorch is not installed on my Windows 7 and there are no directions on the install page for anything newer in OS than Windows Vista.

Well, I don't know why Scorch won't download. I just tested the link, and Scorch works okay for me. There is, in the title area, a link to an MP3, which will stream, but probably not down load. You might try that.

Meanwhile, I will try to find out Scorch and Windows 7.

Richard

I saw the mp3 button today. I must have missed it yesterday. However, when I clicked on it a Score Exchange Player pops up, shows the name of your piece but there is no sound. When I push the play button it doesn't do anything.

Darn it any way!

Rich

Well, I was finally able to listen to this work. I still can't download the Scorch program but that is no big problem. I just really wanted to hear your piece.

I like what I hear, it is definitely capricious and dances around the keyboard. It is a delightful piece and thanks for sharing it with us.

Rich

Very nice piece it has it's own character and style. I enjoyed listening to it very much.

Richard,

It is a lively piece and I think a little different in some ways than you more recent music but that is probably to be expected.

I t must bring back memories of those days of yesteryear.

I glad you resurrected this one and posted it.

Phil

Go Back to forum