• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone a member of GANG Audio Network?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone a member of GANG Audio Network?

GANG is a member\'s society apparently designed (among other things) to put those who need music in touch with those that make it. It seems to be geared towards games and other interactive media.

- Is anyone a member?
    - Is it worth it?
    - How does it work, do clients have access to your demos somehow, or is it based on building some kind of reputation?
    - Has being a member got you your first job?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to shed some light on this subject!

Re: Anyone a member of GANG Audio Network?

I\'m not a member yet, I cant justify it jsut yet. Still I do believe having a group like this is a good thing for composers in the industry of Multimedia.

A group like this can be very strong in lobbying for greater advancements in Music/sound technology for interactive media.

So I will support it in the future.

I know Doyle Donehoo is part of GANG and is a regular on this board. He\'ll probably post here later or you can check out his website http://www.sierra-trails.com/radarmusic_music.html

Hope that helps!

I\'m a member of GANG. Is it worth it? Hard to say as of yet, it\'s still pretty new. And as far as I know, clients don\'t have access privelages unless they are a member.
    Being a member (3 months) hasn\'t landed any jobs, however, I\'m already pretty gainfully employed. There is a job posting bulletin board.
    I would recommend it for those looking to become more familiar with the game audio industry. There are also many perks, such as discounts and events that I think will prove to more than make up for the price of admission should you use them.

Tim Larkin

I\'m a member and I for one do not regret it.
    It is in its baby stages, but we already get some good discounts and such, nevermind the communication with others in the field.
    I recommend it...it costs somewhere around the ballpark of SamHorns.
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    CHEAP!

Originally posted by Leon Willett:

1- Is anyone a member?
    2- Is it worth it?
    3- How does it work, do clients have access to your demos somehow, or is it based on building some kind of reputation?
    4- Has being a member got you your first job?

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Some short answers:
    1> Yes I am.
    2> Yes it is.
    3> It is a fairly new organization, and the Phase Three plans include a database of composers with examples that anybody can look through.
    4> No. That I did on my own, and I really have not tried that route. But, see the response above. Jobs are posted.

Try the website:
    http://www.audiogang.org/
    Click on \"Benefits\". There is a lot of available info there.
    If you are serious about game music and audio, you should be a member of G.A.N.G.

GANG is awesome. A sort of small gathering so far, but it\'s growing very quickly.

One thing to note: the web site is not quite correct. There is no health insurance yet. We need more people before we can get it.

Go Back to forum