• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Oh don't forget about the LEGATO solo strings

Share/Bookmark

Oh don\'t forget about the LEGATO solo strings

All this discussion of Opus 1 articulations, and GPO vs. EWQLSO Silver, blah blah blah, etc... don\'t forget that VSL offers a solo strings package that has true legato, for only $400!! Killer price. I noticed no one\'s asking for demos or raving about it. Why not? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Oh don\'t forget about the LEGATO solo strings

Good question.

I\'ve also noticed that nobody has connected the dots between the legato tool and the new sax library. That could be killer. No one has ever been able to do a fast, slurred sax run with midi before. Is that about to change? (For Tenor and Soprano anyway. I would have liked to have seen Alto and Bari as well. I guess that\'s the Sax II lib.)

Now we have two good questions :-)

I\'m not impressed by the solo violin in the demo at all. I want to know what the cello sounds like.

I\'m very excited about the Saxes too, however I want to hear a demo of them before I decide to purchase, and so far, no demo. I also wonder when Sax II will be on the way as I\'d like to have all four. I wonder if it\'s right around the corner, or if it\'ll come out \"when they get to it.\"

Is there any convincing string quartet demos from any of today\'s high quality libraries? I think VSL should make one with the new Solo Strings Library...

The portamento strings in VSL are particularly good (as is the portamento clarinet also!!)

For non users of VSL these are the instruments that have a slower slide between the notes that you play. Its absolutely awesome. Saxaphones with this sampling techinque will definately be worth a very close look.

I\'m also hanging out for the electric and classic guitars with performance tools!

Originally posted by Miguelo Adorno:
    Is there any convincing string quartet demos from any of today\'s high quality libraries? I think VSL should make one with the new Solo Strings Library...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ok, because you asked:
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com/SingerStrings.mp3
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com/StringQuartet.mp3
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com/SQMotoPerp.mp3

Best,
    Kirk Hunter
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

I was going to point out the Kirk Hunter demos, but Kirk beat me to it. These solo strings are killer and very easy to work with. There are some great programs for changing articulations with key switching or mod wheel. A great sounding demo is nice, but if it\'s impossible for the average user to acheive similar results, what good is it? These are very usable and musical IMHO.

Thanks. For some odd reason I haven\'t noticed Kirk Hunter\'s site earlier.

These demos were just what I was looking for and actually sounded very good. The prize is not bad either.

Yeah, KH Solo Strings is excellent, but now that VSL is offering their solo strings, PLUS true legato, for only $400, I can\'t pass it up. KHSS sounds great with the marcato samples and such, but at this point, I need to have true legato, which only VSL\'s technology can pull off realistically.

Go Back to forum